The Big Five and the big primates, an epic safari that takes you from South Africa’s Kruger to the enigmatic forests of Uganda. In 13 days, you combine the wildlife highlights of a continent, immersed in the beauty of the Big Five, then baffled by the antics of gorillas and chimpanzees. Tailored for first-time visitors to the continent, this is a luxury journey that celebrates the wild wonder of both South and East Africa, with tree-climbing lions and hippo cruises among the extras.
Timbavati Private Game Reserve – Relaxing into the Luxury of South African Safari
Safari is excitement. It is thrilling encounters and exhilarating moments absorbing the drama. But few appreciate just how relaxing it can be, elephants and buffalo roaming past as you lounge on a private terrace. While safari activities like game drives are the highlights of each day, so much charm can be enjoyed from the tranquility of your lodge. Early in the day, you change planes in Johannesburg O. R. Tambo International Airport and fly to Kruger, where you will be staying in Timbavati, a private game reserve that shares an unfenced boundary with Kruger National Park.
A small reserve like this offers an exclusive safari experience, and you will find the same animals as in the nearby national park. Guides can take you off the trails, and they maintain an incredible understanding of the locale, knowing where resident lions and leopards like to hide. It is easy and relatively compact, a single game drive enabling you to encounter the Big Five and another dozen or more species. After lunch, you start exploring, bumping through the bush as the dreamy images of wild Africa start to become a reality.
Timbavati Private Game Reserve – Discovering the Big Five: Lions, Leopards, Elephants, Rhinos and Buffalo
Timbavati Private Game Reserve – Discovering That Safari is About Far More Than the Famous Five
Day 4 - 5
Kruger National Park – Exploring the Exhilarating Scale of the Kruger Ecosystem
Entebbe – Fly to Uganda and the Shores of Lake Victoria
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park – Over the Plains and the Traditions of Rural Uganda
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park – Exquisite Gorilla Trekking
Queen Elizabeth National Park – Tree-Climbing Lions and Admiring the Hippos
Kibale Forest National Park – Morning Walking Safari and Onward Toward the Chimpanzees
Kibale Forest National Park – Unique Chimpanzee Habituation Experience
Entebbe – Walking Tour of the Colonial Capital and Sunset on Lake Victoria
Entebbe – Departure
- Marvel at the intensity and intimacy of a gorilla trekking experience, enjoying an hour with a wild troop in Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Get close to the complete Big Five in Timbavati Private Game Reserve, leopards and lions among those in abundance in this western swathe of the Greater Kruger ecosystem
- Find yourself in a mysterious forest surrounded by chimpanzees, a habituation experience in Kibale evoking enchantment and excitement
- Discover the complete profusion of life in Kruger with two days in South Africa’s famous national park, home to huge populations of the savannah animals
- Uganda is filled with unique wildlife experiences, and you stop for a day in Queen Elizabeth National Park, searching for rare tree-climbing lions and taking a boat cruise past hippos
- Five days of safari in South Africa allows you to mix the activities and experiences and nighttime game drives and game walks present new perspectives on the famous savannah
- Journey back in time, exploring the traditions of rural Uganda and taking a peek at the old Colonial capital on the shores of Lake Victoria
- Daily flight connections now connect South Africa and Uganda, a four-hour journey connecting two very different countries with contrasting wildlife experiences
$12,735 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.9 stars based on 1735 reviews.
Reviewed By Stephanie G.
Reviewed By Christine D.
Reviewed By Nick H.
Reviewed By Nathan P.
Reviewed By Cassandra R.
Reviewed By Janice K.