Rare game meats barbecued over a wood fire, 17th-century vineyards displaying private cellars, decadent restaurants combining French and African styles; this charming tour celebrates the very best of South African food and wine. From farmers’ markets to microbreweries, hidden secrets to distinctive wine valleys, you immerse your senses on an 8-day journey through all the local flavors. It features the country’s best restaurants and each day is privately guided for an exclusive and engaging experience.
Cape Town – Dinner at Test Kitchen
Touch down in Cape Town, and the clear ocean air immediately unblocks your senses. Every evening, the wind rolls over the mountain, clearing the atmosphere so that the sky will shine deep blue tomorrow. This might be a large, vibrant city, but it’s nature that always dominates. Table Mountain stands imperious, Atlantic Ocean waves roll against white beaches, and there’s always a sublime view to enjoy. You’ll be greeted at the airport by your private guide and transferred to a five-star hotel at the V & A Waterfront. With its many bars and markets, yet easy harbor-side charm, the pedestrianized area around your hotel is ideal for downtime after the culinary tours.
After a relaxed afternoon, you head out to Woodstock and a gourmet tasting menu at The Test Kitchen, widely regarded as the best restaurant in Africa. It ranks number 22 on The World’s 50 Best Restaurants, up six places from 2015 and still the only entry from Africa. It’s also won South Africa’s EatOut Restaurant of the Year every year since 2013. Experimental molecular cooking mixes with a plethora of traditional local flavors, creating a menu that changes with the seasons. Picture smoked seabass with celeriac extraction, frozen turnip and mustard, and lime compressed apple; local licorice-cured wagyu biltong, cauliflower and truffle cheese black garlic salsa. The menu comes with a wine pairing, taking you through nine exceptional small courses, each tailored to build upon the lingering flavors of the last.
Cape Town – Table Mountain’s Secret: The Vineyards of Constantia
Cape Town – The Craft Brewery Revolution
Cape Town – Flavors of the Township
Stellenbosch – Schnapps, Chocolate, and the Wines of Paarl
Stellenbosch – Expressive Wines of the Stellenbosch Valley
Stellenbosch – Old-World French Influence
Cape Town – Departure
- Dine at South Africa’s best restaurants, including tasting menus, tapas and other decadent options
- Explore Cape Town’s craft beer revolution with a guided day through breweries by the beer makers
- Uncover the sensual gastronomic delights that only the locals know about; craft chocolate, schnapps, biltong, cheese, and much more
- Explore all the subtleties of South African wine by tasting the distinctive grapes of the Winelands’ valleys
- Meet the winemakers, visit private cellars, dine in old-world French restaurants, and unravel the gastronomic enchantment of the Cape
- Discover a very different side of South African cuisine by having a braai (barbecue) in the township of Gugulethu
- Visit the craft food markets of Cape Town, and lunch at an eclectic collection of restaurants, the week’s menu including rare game meats, the best of the ocean, and farmers’ local specialties
$3,275 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on 873 reviews.
Reviewed By Cassandra R.
Reviewed By Kathy K.
Reviewed By Elizabeth P.
Reviewed By Rebecca B.
Reviewed By Michael G.
Reviewed By mary h.