Rare game meats barbecued over a wood fire, 17th-century vineyards displaying private cellars, decadent restaurants combining French and African styles; this charming tour celebrates the very best of South African food and wine. From farmers’ markets to microbreweries, hidden secrets to distinctive wine valleys, you immerse your senses on an 8-day journey through all the local flavors. It features the country’s best restaurants and each day is privately guided for an exclusive and engaging experience.
Cape Town - Fine Dining in the City Center
Touch down in Cape Town, and the clear ocean air immediately unblocks your senses. Table Mountain stands imperious, Atlantic Ocean waves roll against white beaches, and there’s always a sublime view to enjoy. Your private driver will greet you at the airport and you will transfer to the V & A Waterfront. After a relaxing afternoon, you will head out to one of the best restaurants in Cape Town. Experimental molecular cooking mixes with a plethora of traditional local flavors, creating a menu that changes with the seasons. Picture smoked seabass with celeriac extraction, frozen turnip and mustard, and lime compressed apple; local licorice-cured wagyu biltong, cauliflower, and truffle cheese black garlic salsa. The menu changes regularly, but these kinds of flavors await, and dinner comes with a wine pairing, taking you through nine exceptional small courses, each tailored to build upon the lingering flavors of the last.
Cape Town - Table Mountain’s Secret: The Vineyards of Constantia
Cape Town - The Craft Brewery Revolution
Cape Town - Flavors of the Township
Stellenbosch - Schnapps, Chocolate, and the Wines of Paarl
Stellenbosch - Expressive Wines of the Stellenbosch Valley
Stellenbosch - Old-World French Influence
Cape Town - Depart for Home
- Dine at South Africa’s best restaurants, including tasting menus, tapas and other decadent options
- Explore Cape Town’s craft beer revolution with a guided day through breweries by the beer makers
- Uncover the sensual gastronomic delights that only the locals know about; craft chocolate, schnapps, biltong, cheese, and much more
- Explore all the subtleties of South African wine by tasting the distinctive grapes of the Winelands’ valleys
- Meet the winemakers, visit private cellars, dine in old-world French restaurants, and unravel the gastronomic enchantment of the Cape
- Discover a very different side of South African cuisine by having a braai (barbecue) in the township of Gugulethu
- Visit the craft food markets of Cape Town, and lunch at an eclectic collection of restaurants, the week’s menu including rare game meats, the best of the ocean, and farmers’ local specialties
$7,195 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on
Reviewed By Laura S.
Reviewed By Jamel S.
Reviewed By Paul R.
Reviewed By Deana B.
Reviewed By Jackie G.
Reviewed By Patrick S.