Journey to the East on this hand-picked 14-day vacation complete with cultural explorations of Japan and China, from the spirited capital cities of Tokyo and Beijing to the wondrous districts within Kyoto, Xian, and Shanghai. From day one to your farewell, you will submerge yourself in the culture and heritage of these fascinating countries, discovering their distinctions along the way.
Tokyo - Dazzled by the Futurism
It will be a long trip to Tokyo, but, well worth it as you arrive to meet a city brimming with energy and Japanese spirit pouring from the traditional districts dotting a cityscape dressed in modernity. Images of soaring neon-draped skyscrapers flanking steamy bathhouses and decadent restaurants peppering bustling streets are but a few that will let you know you have officially arrived in the humming Japanese capital city. From the very moment you arrive, you will be overwhelmed by the otherworldly sights and sounds that flood every corner of Tokyo’s dazzling skyline.
Tokyo - Lounging around Tokyo
Tokyo - The Impressive Spirit of Meiji Jingu Shinto Shrine
Tokyo - Visionary Discoveries across the City
Kyoto - A Treasure Trove of Japanese Heritage
Kyoto - Magnificent Markets and Majestic Buddhist Temples
Beijing - A Mongolian Legacy
Beijing - Heaven on Earth
Beijing - Wonders of the World
Xian - Escape to an Ancient Capital
Xian - Ancient Chinese Lore
Shanghai - Scenes to Swoon Over and Elegant Performances
Shanghai - A Decadent Last Day in China
Shanghai - Honoring a Journey to the East
- Appreciate the honored spiritual grounds of the Meiji Jingu Shinto Shrine, an ode to an ancient Japanese era and significant moments of the country’s past
- From panoramic vistas of Tokyo atop Roppongi Hills Mori Tower Observatory to the works housed in TeamLab Borderless, admire the visionary creative genius of Japan’s local artists and architects
- Uncover Japanese heritage as captured in the golden walls of the Kinkakuji Temple and dotted in the historic geisha district of Gion in Kyoto
- Develop your taste for Japanese cuisine as you explore the traditional dishes served at cherished eateries within the Nishiki Market before you delve into Buddhist philosophies at the Daitoku-Ji Temple
- Traceback the origins of ancient China from within the remarkable Temple of Heaven, a surreal symbol of Ming spiritual beliefs, as well as the National Museum and Summer Palace
- Marvel at two of China’s most impressive feats of work, the Forbidden City and the Great Wall of Mutianyu, each showcasing their majesty through their imprinted legacy and visionary design
- Enter the tomb of China’s first emperor, Qin Shi Huang, to witness the mesmerizing 2,300-year-old terracotta statues standing within the site and peer into Tang Dynasty Buddhist heritage within the Wild Goose Pagoda
- Wander through the fragrant flower fields of the charming Yuyuan Gardens and witness an elaborate Shanghai Acrobatics performance
$5,595 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.85 stars based on
Reviewed By Karen L.
Reviewed By Shari S.
Reviewed By Sherry Y.
Reviewed By Sara M.
Reviewed By Joan B.
Reviewed By Amy M.