Welcoming temperatures, coastal communities, and picturesque beaches appear in abundance on this 19-day tour of Sicily and Puglia. Lacking the icy elegance of Italy's Northern region, Southern Italy has long attracted those in search of rich culture and compelling history. From the bustling port of Palermo to the mysterious origins of the Trulli in Puglia, this tour ensures your full immersion into the warmth and vitality of Southern Italy.
Palermo – Orientation in the Capital
Sicily is the perfect launchpad for your tour of Southern Italy. This diverse land boasts a proud heritage that is infused with cultural and culinary artifacts from Africa, Europe, and the Middle East. All this and much more will be evident the moment you step out from the shadow of your conveniently located hotel in Palermo. After you arrive from the airport, a private transfer will convey you to the city center. Here, you will have the remainder of the day to orient yourself with the splendors of the city.
Palermo – A Walking Tour of the City
Palermo – Day Trip to Erice and Trapani
Marsala – A Sicilian Wine Tasting Experience
Agrigento – Through Southern Sicily
Agrigento – The Valley of the Temples
Agrigento – Leisure at Verdura Resort
Ragusa – Through the Sicilian Countryside
Ragusa – A Stunning Hilltop Town
Ortigia – Enjoying the Journey
Ortigia – Embarking on a Guided Tour of Syracuse
Taormina – A Final Touch of Sicilian Paradise
Taormina – Sicily's Highest Mountain
Alberobello – Arriving in Scenic Puglia
Alberobello – Unraveling the Mystery of the Trulli
Lecce – At the Edge of Italy
Lecce – Charting Your Own Course in a Mediterranean Paradise
Lecce – Examining the Town's Baroque Origins
Lecce – Departure
- Plunge into the Mediterranean capital of Sicily, where singing shopkeepers and diverse architecture demonstrate Palermo's multicultural past
- Visit the rural beauty of the hilltop town of Erice before enjoying a tour of the seaside city of Trapani
- Sip your way through a wine tasting experience in Marsala, where Sicily's proud tradition of viticulture will whet your lips and dazzle your senses
- Travel at your own pace through a road trip along Sicily's scenic coast, where the rugged terrain of the interior slopes gently blend with the crashing waves of the Mediterranean Sea
- Ponder Agrigento's ancient origins on a guided tour of the ruins in Sicily's famous Valley of the Temples
- Enjoy a day of golf and spa treatments at a seaside resort where both are a specialty
- Stretch your legs on a tour of the Eastern port town of Syracuse and admire the Roman amphitheater and other classical treasures on display
- Survey the panoramic views and thrilling atmosphere of Sicily's highest point atop the volcanic Mt. Etna
- Tour the charming shapes and sizes of the Trulli huts in Puglia for which the region is famous and was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Wind down your tour in style among the Baroque brilliance of Lecce, where quiet plazas and elegant villas capture the imagination
$14,815 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.81 stars based on 371 reviews.
Reviewed By Gloria S.
Reviewed By Carlo B.
Reviewed By Mary D.
Reviewed By Penelope P.
Reviewed By Lanny B.
Reviewed By Stephanie L.