Inspired by the upcoming Star Wars film, the eighth episode in the legendary series, embark on an extraordinary journey following in the footsteps of the last Jedis - Luke and Rey. Discover how ancient Irish settlements inspired the magnificent scenery of the remote hideaway planet of the first Jedi temple. Relish Irish storytelling traditions when meeting locals who witnessed how their hometowns in Ireland were converted into filming sets. Experience an awakening in grandeur, highlighting natural...
Killarney – Emerald Isle in Search of Luke and Rey
The city of Killarney and the greater region of County Kerry embody the beauty of Ireland’s picturesque landscapes at the westerly fringe of the Emerald Isle. The scent of fresh grass emanates from the lush hills and blends with the subtle aroma of sizzling sausages drifting out of the pubs. Woodlands spread across the steep foothills of the peaks. The dramatic scenery continues to inspire the variety of landscapes that have produced majestic tales from the series’ universe; follow the footsteps of the filming cast and crew for an otherworldly adventure of a lifetime.
Your private transfer greets you at Shannon Airport upon your arrival and escorts you south to the comforts of the famous eastern city. The remainder of the day is yours to enjoy the luxuries of your hotel or explore the surrounding beauty at your leisure. Killarney National Park offers a mixture of rugged and pristine splendors for which Ireland is known and encompasses nearly 25,500 acres. Red deer forage in the oak trees. The scent of damp wood drifts through the native forest.
You can venture to Lough Leane, a lake approximately 4,700 acres in size, the largest of the Killarney’s bodies of water. Sandstone and limestone rocks pave the banks of the eastern shore along the lake, offering viewpoints of the 30 islands rising out from the waterway. You sit perfectly still at the edge of the lake and take in the tranquility of the forest, hoping to hear the quiet rustle of a red deer treading lightly to the lakeshore for a sip of water.
Killarney – Follow the Cast and Crew from the Ring of Kerry to Portmagee
Galway – Explore the Wild Atlantic Way, Cliffs of Moher, and the Burren
Galway – Connemara Peninsula and a Falconry Demonstration
Donegal – Slieve League Cliffs, Sligo, Carrowmore and Carrowkeel
Donegal – Secrets at Malin Head and Touring Northern Donegal
Dublin – The Megalithic Tomb at Newgrange
Dublin – The End
- Traverse the UNESCO World Heritage Site Skellig Michael, the stunning island off the Kerry Coast where Rey discovers and trains with Luke
- Visit Malin Head at the top of Donegal, while meeting the locals who worked as extras and observed the secretive nature of the movie filming
- Fill up a pint of refreshing Guinness from Luke’s Tap, a Guinness tap used by Mark Hamill during the filming wrap party
- Spend a night at a castle in Donegal, where the cast and crew stayed during the filming
- Explore Newgrange, a circular megalithic passage tomb that resembles the spacecraft used by smugglers in the film, and delve into the depths of Irish history and heritage
- Partake in a falconry demonstration at Ashford Castle that offers the unique hands-on experience of flying a hawk under professional guidance
- Witness marvels at the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren, which resemble the stunning breathtaking landscapes seen in a galaxy far away
- Take to the skies on an optional premium helicopter tour for the ultimate director’s point of view, flying over iconic sights such as Skellig Michael, Cliffs of Moher and the Aran Islands
$8,315 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Note: Zicasso’s Star Wars-Inspired itineraries are not affiliated with, sponsored or endorsed by, The Walt Disney Company or Lucasfilm Ltd.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on
Reviewed By Robert S.
Reviewed By Dan B.
Reviewed By Karen R.
Reviewed By Michael G.
Reviewed By Frances D.
Reviewed By Dawn M.