Imbued with Pura Vida, this ten-day Costa Rica tour will immerse you in the cloud forest, beach bliss, and thrilling landscapes. This laid-back collection of Costa Rica’s best private tours for seniors leads you from cultural San Jose to coastal Samara. You will travel at your pace through Costa Rica’s ultimate highlights on a customizable tour that balances outdoor thrill and relaxation.
San Jose – The Land of Pura Vida
Costa Rica always provides a leisurely introduction, even in its capital city of San Jose. You will touch down and soon be immersed in a city of colonial townhouses and infectious energy. Residents stroll around the plazas, and chatter emanates from small cafe terraces. A local guide will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your accommodation, which will be a converted heritage building in the city’s heart. You will enjoy a short city orientation with your guide before having your choice of local restaurants for dinner.
San Jose – Cultural Wonders in the Old Capital
Arenal – Beneath the Volcano
Arenal – Lounging in Hot Spring
Arenal – An Organic Coffee Plantation
Monteverde – Intimate Wildlife Sightings
Playa Samara – Lounge On the Coast
Playa Samara – Day Trip to Chora Island
Playa Samara – Private Catamaran Tour
San Jose – Departure
- Immerse yourself in the cloud forest with a day of intimate wildlife viewing in Monteverde
- Lounge around beautiful Pacific Ocean beaches with three days in Playa Samara
- Get up-close and personal with different monkeys during relaxing safari walks in Costa Rica’s extravagant forests
- Choose your level of adventure with three days in Arenal beneath the majestic frame of the country’s iconic volcano
- Spend a leisurely day on Chora Island beneath the shadows of soaring palms
- Get to know Costa Rica’s history with an intimate day in and around San Jose, Costa Rica’s enchanting capital city
- Discover the coffee process from bean to cup on a private tour through an organic plantation in the hills beneath volcanoes
- Savor a leisurely day with waterfalls and hummingbirds near Arenal, which will prove to be a perfect introduction to Costa Rican nature
- Admire dolphins and possibly whales as part of a private catamaran tour on the Pacific
- Lounge around Arenal’s iconic hot springs and feel the energy of Costa Rica’s Pura Vida lifestyle
$1,795 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.92 stars based on 446 reviews.
Reviewed By Ada O.
Reviewed By Aimee L.
Reviewed By Delphine B.
Reviewed By Claudia m.
Reviewed By CHARLES C.
Reviewed By raatha k.