The Azores have long held sway over the imaginations of mainland travelers, and this 7-day tour of the main island of St. Michael's is designed to introduce to you what is best of this region. With the capital of Ponta Delgada as your headquarters, you will have your choice of thrilling activities each day to ensure your satisfaction on this luxurious and engaging journey through the Azores.
Ponta Delgada – Exploring the Azores
Set among the Atlantic Ocean, the Azores are a world apart even though they are considered the territory of mainland Portugal. The island of St. Michael is the largest of the Azores Archipelago and has long entertained visitors with its off-the-beaten-path charm and subtropical climate. Upon your arrival to the island's main airport, a transfer will convey you swiftly to your conveniently located accommodation. Here you can enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure.
Ponta Delgada – Two-Wheeled Exploration
Ponta Delgada – Finding Your Sea Legs
Ponta Delgada – Off-Roading Adventure
Ponta Delgada – Following Flowing Water
Ponta Delgada – Watching the Sunset
Ponta Delgada – Departure
- Explore the local flora and fauna of the island of St. Michael on a two-wheeled excursion and bicycle past scenic panoramas, charming villages, and lush woodlands
- Feel the rhythm of the waves on an exclusive whale-watching expedition that will introduce you to the colorful characters residing in the water
- Submerge yourself in a subtropical waterfall on an active canyoning adventure that will test your skills at abseiling and cliff jumping
- Roll along the island's many unpaved roads on a 4WD tour of St. Michael's, where a guide will lead you off the beaten path
- Watch the sunset from a sailboat as you cruise through the coastal water of St. Michael's and scan the horizon for pirates
- Savor the many flavors and ingredients of the Portuguese take on tapas, the small dishes that display the regions robust love affair with excellent food
- Amble through the vibrant port town of Ponta Delgada, where you can enjoy the charisma and warm hospitality that makes the Azores a top destination for world travelers
$4,909 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on
Reviewed By Cheryl B.
Reviewed By Bertram M.
Reviewed By Ryan K.
Reviewed By Chelsea V.
Reviewed By Ryan B.
Reviewed By Natalie K.