Your epic two-week family-friendly New Zealand tour will create unforgettable memories of timeless adventures on the South Island. You can swim with dolphins and cycle down winding hilltop trails. Kayaking on clear turquoise waters will provide surprising wildlife sightings. Cruise through the pristine wilderness of Doubtful Sound and immerse the family in Middle Earth by visiting Lord of the Rings filming locations for a dynamic New Zealand family excursion.
Queenstown – Relaxing Along the Lakeshore
Queenstown is a small and relaxed town that is located beneath the mountains and along the lakeshore. The scenery is majestic, and it is quick to inspire with slithers of snow reflecting in the soft blue waters of Lake Wakatipu. A small-town harbor will have restaurants and a European-style square, while the main town will be a block of four horizontal and vertical streets. Your hotel is located just off the water and will be your base for the next week. You will check-in after the airport transfer and get your bearings in Queenstown.
Queenstown – Family Adventure Along the River
Queenstown – Lord of the Rings Filming Locations Tour
Queenstown – Exploring the Mountains
Queenstown – A 3-D Maze and a Puzzling World in Wanaka
Doubtful Sound – An Expedition onto the Fjords
Queenstown – Returning After the Overnight Cruise
Blenheim – A Little of Wine Country After the Adventure
Blenheim – Seals and Seabirds in Marlborough Sounds
Blenheim – Cycling and Kayaking for All Ages
Christchurch – Learning About Earthquakes and Change
Christchurch – Swimming with the World’s Smallest Dolphins
Christchurch – A Family Antarctic Experience (Without Getting Too Cold)
Christchurch – Departure
- Swim with the world’s smallest dolphins in Akaroa Harbour near Christchurch
- Take a family expedition to Doubtful Sound, crossing lakes and passes like the explorers of old times
- Go cycling around the vineyards of Marlborough, complete with wine and non-alcoholic tasters
- Try out kayaking and take a cruise to the pristine bays of Abel Tasman National Park
- Enjoy the full suite of family activities during a whole week in Queenstown, including river rides and mountain biking
- Discover the Antarctic with an interactive experience at the International Antarctic Centre
- Go see the world’s first 3D maze in Wanaka and relax along the town’s blissful lake
- Learn about earthquakes in Christchurch, experience seals and seabirds in Marlborough Sounds, and wake up one morning in Doubtful Sound
- Relive famous scenes on a Lord of the Rings filming locations tour from Queenstown
$6,281 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on
Reviewed By Kyle D.
Reviewed By Tim F.
Reviewed By Lara B.
Reviewed By Maria E.
Reviewed By Judy l.
Reviewed By Nancy H.