Expressive and exclusive, an itinerary that includes both the Kruger and Mauritius offer an intimate getaway for two. You are alone but enveloped by nature. Private plunge pools overlook hippo-filled lakes while private verandahs gaze down on roaming herds, and gentle Indian Ocean waves provide dreamy company. With exceptional lodges and private guided adventures, this 14-day getaway will provide the space and seclusion for romance to flourish while also unraveling the evocative charm of wild...
Sabi Sands – Romantic Welcome to the Greater Kruger
As the sun sets over the Kruger savanna you will be enjoying sundowners on a private verandah, occasionally dipping into the private plunge pool. All of the classic parts of an intimate getaway are in place; the space, the seclusion, the opulent drinks in hand, but the Kruger offers more. Hippos are emerging from the lake below, a dozen of them heading off to their grazing pastures. An elephant bull is wandering past, swinging his trunk as if to say hello. Giraffe creates silhouettes along the horizon, a focal point to the photogenic colors. You cannot see the baboons, but you can hear them as their melodic tones drift from the trees. There is not another person or building in sight, but you’re never completely alone when in the Kruger.
Sabi Sands has its own airport, and you will land here in the middle of the afternoon after changing planes in Johannesburg. Your transfer from the airstrip to the lodge is part of the safari as you will be in an open-sided vehicle as you pass many of the famous sights and enjoy your first glimpses of the local world. Elephants, lion pride, buffalo herds, white rhinos, perhaps even a leopard will be seen as in the Sabi Sands, it is feasible to spot the Big Five on a single game drive. Adjacent to Kruger National Park, this unfenced private reserve is home to an incredible concentration of big game. Animals relocate here due to the permanent water, and you will never need to drive far to savor the sights. Compact yet diverse, Sabi Sands is the perfect place to start a couple’s safari. You will be able to see a lot without having to spend long hours bumping around, which frees up plenty of time to enjoy the romance provided by the lodge.
Your lodge is built in contemporary style with floor-to-ceiling windows that provide stunning views and a chic design that blends both African and European influence. Your deck overlooks the most important source of water for many miles around, making it a prime spot to enjoy diverse wildlife. A fine dining menu can be served in the elegant restaurant area, while butlers bring drinks and goodies to your private deck. Yours is an exclusive lodge that feels like a boutique five-star hotel, yet it is also able to blend into nature, meaning the charms of safari are never interrupted. Check in, check out the views, and enjoy your first evening lounging on the deck.
Day 2 - 4
Sabi Sands – Luxury Lodge Safari Brings All the Famous Sights
Kruger National Park – An Intimate Adventure
Day 6 - 7
Kruger National Park – Hand in Hand Through Big Game Country
Anahita Peninsula – Swapping Bush for Beach
Day 9 - 11
Anahita Peninsula – Romantic Barefoot Mauritius Escape
Day 12 - 13
Anahita Peninsula - The Treasures of Mauritius
Anahita Peninsula – Departure
- Intimate lodges offer a serene getaway just for two, affording you exclusivity and seclusion in Africa’s most renowned destinations
- Admire Africa’s wildlife from private plunge pools and sip cocktails as hippos and elephants play in the lake below
- Privately guided game drives allow you to follow your own safari dreams while bringing incredible encounters with the Big Five and much more
- Take romantic walks across big game country with expert guides and see the wildlife world from an entirely new perspective
- Find yourself alone in the wild with stops in the Sabi Sands and Kruger National Park providing the perfect space explore
- Listen to the roll of the waves and lose yourself in the tranquility of the Anahita Peninsula, where your private villa will be perched within barefoot reach of the white sand
- Explore the natural splendor of Mauritius with a deluxe catamaran and helicopter tour
$14,737 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.95 stars based on
Reviewed By Kristen B.
Reviewed By Keegan O.
Reviewed By Stephen L.
Reviewed By Patrick B.
Reviewed By Rachel W.
Reviewed By Tim D.