Your 8-day custom-tailored Italy tour of private cooking courses, wine, and olive oil tasting lets you explore illustrious flavors along your journey. The enticing aroma of fresh pasta emerges from a small restaurant in an antique building. Michelangelo’s David stares down at you from a stunning perch etched in brilliant marble and the Colosseum lights up the night with powerful arches. Wander a medieval town with a chef as your guide. finding tradition, culture, and heritage along the way.
Rome – Beginning of Italian Flavor
Rome is known as the Eternal City, watching the world change over thousands of years and letting its local flavor evolve with the cultures. St. Peter’s Basilica adds dimension to the skyline. The Colosseum is a constant reminder of the city’s history wrapped in elliptical grandeur. Cobbled lanes line the Tiber River creating more walkable charm to the already majestic streets. Boats dock against the walkways and linger in the gentle current, opening bars and restaurants to passersby.
Your private transfer meets you at the airport ready to escort you into the ineffable charm of Rome’s antiquity and indelible flavor. The remainder of the day is yours to get acquainted with the Eternal City. In the neighborhood of Trastevere, you find the small gems of a bygone era strung together with washing line. New cafes set out umbrellas and tables along the ancient cobblestones near Piazza Santa Maria. Mothers push around baby strollers, and artists display their paintings underneath the lingering Roman sunlight. In the evening, you smell the scent of freshly made pasta sweeping through the city. The nearby traditional trattoria, Da Felice, will give you a true sampling of Roman cuisine. Exposed brick burst from the wall and an impressive wine list accompany the succulent flavors of the bucatini all’amatriciana, spaghetti with a hollow center served in a red sauce with pancetta and pecorino cheese.
Rome – Aromas of Rome On the Footpath
Trevi – Heart of Italy
Trevi – Unbelievable Umbria
Trevi – Embracing the Kitchen
Trevi – Surpassing Flavors
Florence – Renaissance Days
Florence – One Last Taste
- Revel in private cooking courses with a classic Italian chef
- Indulge in the local flavors of your cuisine paired with specific wines chosen by a sommelier to bring out the best combinations
- Explore the fabulous history and culinary neighborhoods of Rome on a walking tour
- Spend time in a medieval village situated atop the Umbrian hillside
- Discover the endless charm of the Tuscan countryside near Florence
- Traverse the artistic streets and museums of the Renaissance city of Florence and its wealth of celebrated restaurants and gelaterias
$6,235 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By Lisa P.
Reviewed By Emily H.
Reviewed By Joann G.
Reviewed By Beth S.
Reviewed By Karla R.
Reviewed By Brad W.