Designed for adventure enthusiasts who desire to explore lesser-known regions, this 2-week China tour allows you to uncover many of China’s hidden treasures.
Traverse the Tiger Leaping Gorge for a heart-pounding experience, sail down the Li River, and witness the incredible scenery of the Silver caves in Yangshuo.
Guilin - Arrival
When you land in Guilin, a private driver will be waiting to greet and transfer you to your accommodation in the heart of the city. Upon reaching your accommodation, you will have some time to settle in and relax after your long flight. When you are ready, your guide will lead you to the Longji Rice Terraces, where you can ascend to the top of the terraces. Guilin cuisine is the perfect blend of Cantonese and Hunanese cultures.
Guilin - The Town of Daxu
Guilin - Incredible Artistry
Lijiang - Tiger Leaping Gorge
Lijiang - Jade Dragon Snow Mountain
Xi’an - The Loess Plateau
Xi’an - Jade Carving Course
Xi’an - The Huaqing Palace
Chongqing - Witness Dazu Carvings
Chongqing - Visiting Ancient Villages
Chengdu - The Culture of Mt. Emei
Chengdu - Learning about Chinese Tea
Zhangjiajie - Spectacular Views
Zhangjiajie - Departure
- Ascend rice terraces and gaze down at the sleeping dragon’s golden backbone
- Traverse the ancient town of Daxu and experience the simple joy of strolling after a meal
- Sail down the Li River to Yangshuo, where the stunning scenery of the Silver cave will fill you with peace
- Delight in the beauty of the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain and cherish a dance performance at the base of the mountain
- Admire the artistry in the details at a Jade Carving workshop
- Wander through the Huaqing Palace and immerse yourself in the history of the region
- Delve into the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Dazu Rock Carvings
- Stroll through 1,700 years of history when you enter the Ciqikou Ancient Town of Chongqing
- Soar to the top of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Mt. Emei in a cable car
- Visit one of the most revered Taoist temples in Chengdu
This off-the-beaten-path 2-week tour of China will begin in Guilin. Your first experience will lead you to the Longji Rice Terraces before sailing down the Li River. You will then venture to the Tiger Leaping Gorge, which is a striking canyon that you can explore with a private guide. At the base of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, you will witness a dance performance. When you scale the Loess Plateau in Xi’an, you will gain an incredible view of the once desert land that is now a lush and fertile region. Along the Silk Road, Xi’an boasts an incredible history and culture that you can uncover in the Huaqing Palace.
Chongqing was once the capital of China and holds many relics from that time. Here, you can wander through the Thousand Buddhas Temple and grottoes to admire the incredible sea of statues. At Mt. Emei in Chengdu, you will ascend to the summit to immerse yourself in Buddhist culture. As you and your guide wander through the Eight Trigrams Pavilion of the Qingyang Palace, you will take part in the pastime of sipping tea.
$4,097 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.74 stars based on
Reviewed By Juan R.
Reviewed By Logan S.
Reviewed By Sherry Y.
Reviewed By Joan B.
Reviewed By Don A.
Reviewed By Rodney S.