From our first e-mail contact with the travel company through our last contact with our guide at the Siem Reap airport, we couldn't have been more pleased and satisfied with the travel service that was provided. Initially we had multiple e-mail and phone contacts with the travel planner who helped us explore exactly what type of trip we wanted. She then planned a trip based on our conversations, with emphasis on the culture and history, that we wanted to experience. The hotels in each of the cities we stayed in were beautiful and the service was first-rate. The guides provided were personable, professional, and had unique knowledge of Vietnamese and Cambodian culture and history. Each day we had an itinerary that was closely followed so that we could see important historical sites and culturally relevant areas. The guides were always attentive to our needs and questions. We really enjoyed that they shared some of their own family histories and stories which made them all the more special to us. The travel company also took care of all the in-country plane reservations from city to city. All of these flights were smooth and seamless. Through 14 days of traveling through Vietnam (from Hanoi to Hue to Hoi An to Ho Chi Minh City) and then to Siem Reap Cambodia - we did not experience one problem.
We felt that the travel company's service in all phases of our trip was excellent and we would recommend them to anyone!!
The list is long:
- Waking up very early the next day after arriving in Hanoi and looking out our hotel window at 5 am and seeing hundreds of people walking, bicycling and do tai chi across the street around Hoam Kiem Lake. It was so striking to see so many people enjoying early exercise together. We just knew that we had to join them for the next few days!
- Our guide taking us to a very small village outside Hanoi where they specialize in hand-made ceramics. This was definitely not a common tourist stop. We were able to watch how the people threw the pots, decorated them and fired them in large wood-fired kilns. Our guide told us that this village had been making these type of ceramics for hundreds and hundreds of years!
-Having a buffet breakfast on the terrace of the hotel in Hue - watching boats and egrets on the Perfume River
- Seeing the vibrant and bustling city of Danang and an iconic (although American name for) China Beach
- Being able to try and fish in a traditional Vietnamese way in Hoi An by standing in a small boat and throwing a net
- Having a drink at the rooftop bar of hotel in Ho Chi Minh City and discussing the obvious differences between the HCMC and Hanoi
- Walking through the President's residence in HCMC and remembering my mental pictures of it at the end of the Vietnam conflict
- Being absolutely blown-away by the shear beauty and magnitude of Angkor Wat and the buildings and areas surrounding it.
Between the research we did about exactly what we wanted to see (with emphasis on history and culture) and back and forth communication with the travel planner (from the travel company) about the day to day trip details - we were able to settle on a plan that worked extremely well for us.
There is truly nothing that we would do differently.
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
"Nice accommodations throughout the trip."
"Fantastic trip with great customer service. Right from the start the tour company was easy to communicate with."
Copyright © 2022 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 650 Castro St., Suite 120-447,
Mountain View, CA 94041, USA