Overall, we loved the trip to French Polynesia. Two weeks were perfect to slow down and relax in this paradise. The water is clean and beautiful. I loved that there weren't very many tourists. We spent 5 nights in Moorea, 4 in Bora Bora and 3 in Rangiroa.
The travel agent was very knowledgable and helped us make good decisions.
Loved the snorkeling in Moorea. The lagoon in front of our bungalow was steps away from the warm, inviting and sparkling blue waters. The ocean was teeming with life. Beautiful fish, sea cucumbers-and I didn't need to wear a wet suit since it was so warm. Nor did I have to swim very deep to access the wildlife. I am a bit of a chicken and get a little seasick so I prefer snorkeling from land (rather than a charter boat)---so I absolutely loved it.Bora Bora-was a 1 hour flight away. It was also beautiful but not much fish in the local lagoon. We had to take a boat out to sea to see the fish and fauna. Again, it did not seem as the coral or fish were as colorful as Moorea. Swimming with the innocuous black finned sharks was nice and I enjoyed the manta rays. What's cool about the hotel in Bora Bora is that there is a manta ray feeding area where once a day one of the employees offers them fish and you can gather around in the knee deep water and gently touch them. My family found this thrilling and memorable.They also enjoyed jet-skiing around the island.Rangiroa -was a 1 hour flight away.Quaint, excellent service. Not much snorkeling in lagoon. However, if you go to the ocean (which is a short walk away)--there are awesome shells to collect and bring home. The ocean is pounding here so I am not sure if it is safe to snorkel here.
1.Consider going from April -October when it is isn't as hot. We went during December, their summer and sometimes it was unbearably hot and humid.
2. May have requested more information about different islands rather than Rangiroa. It was nice, but Moorea and Bora Bora were spectacular ---so, our expectations were high.
3. Bring lotsa insect repellant. Mosquito bites are painless but itch as much as a flea bite. They are tiny so you don't even see them. Abundance of bugs.
4. Sunblock. The sun is intense! and I grew up in Hawaii! So--wear sunblock, hat, sunglasses and a rash guard or fast drying shirts ---because the skin burns fast.
5. Bora Bora- you are stuck on the resort because the only way to get off is via boat which is expensive. I would consider buying a package that includes bfast and dinner.
6. Would have snorkeled MORE in Moorea since the snorkeling paled in comparison elsewhere.
7. Bring those little hand held fans connected to a water bottle so you can mist yourself. It is as hot as the southern US.
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
"Our travel agency did an excellent job of booking rooms and excursions. We would definitely recommend this company to friends...
"My agent interviewed me to determine my exact trip wants and then provided excellent suggestions for itineraries."
"Our agent was thorough and very easy to communicate with."
Copyright © 2022 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 650 Castro St., Suite 120-447,
Mountain View, CA 94041, USA