Our Greece travel agency was incredible! Even though I am typically a planner that does my travel research, the extra details and personal touches that our agent added to our mother-daughter Greece trip went beyond what I ever could have done myself. Unlike the other couple of travel companies that I also examined, our agent really addressed and attended to some of the unique things that we had requested. She was thoughtful to provide experiences appropriate to a mother & a daughter that had just finished her first year of college. For example, the hotels we stayed in were located in areas that allowed us to safely walk to the most critical sights and town, yet were still beautiful and had unique cultural features to them. Our agent also spent a lot of care planning adventurous journeys that we discovered from the locals were the best most reputable personalized companies. Our experience was so magical that for future travel, I would prefer to only travel to countries that this agency serves!
* Our own "find" that was not planned by our travel agency, but I would highly recommend to future travelers to Santorini. White Door Theater - Experience a Greek wedding including dancing, food, and smashing of plates!
* The genuine kindness and generosity of the Greek people.
* Spending time with my daughter and really enjoying her without worrying about plans!
1. All Hotel Experiences! Viewing the Acropolis lit up at night right out our window after a long day of plane travel. The location, amenities and service in Mykonos. ( The most memorable incredible hotel I have ever stayed in. ) The view and personal attention at the hotel in Santorini.
2. Favorite Planned Adventures! The cooking class in Mykonos, The kayaking expedition in Mykonos, The hike to Oia in Santorini, and the private tour by a working archeologist of Aktori Ruins in Santorini. All of these experiences were 5 star, once in a lifetime, experiences.
3. Most Memorable Visual Elements of Greece: The darling, narrow cobbled streets in Mykonos with the cute tucked in restaurants and shops. The Acropolis lit up at night. The most magnificent views I have ever seen on our hike to Oia. The Caldera sunset view from our hotel in Santorini.
4. All of the private transfers and pick ups. Everyone showed up on time. Transportation can sometimes be hard in Greece, but we never had to worry because it was all pre-arranged.
1. The Private Tour to the Acropolis was terrible. Unlike the wonderful private tour we had by an archeologist later in Santorini, this tour guide did not have any sense on how to adjust her tour to the needs of the audience. She went on and on and on rattling detail after detail of each tiny historical significance without really having us enjoy the visual sites of the museum and the Acropolis. I had to ask her at one point kindly to stop talking for a minute so we could walk around and actually see and experience without the constant chatter. In addition, she was in no physical shape to walk us up to the Parthenon. She would stop every few minutes for herself to catch her breath. We ended up walking the rest of the way ourselves because she clearly couldn't make it. I tipped her generously and cut the tour short by an hour and a half.
2. It is not sufficient to have only the receipt of booking that was provided to us to sail the high-speed catamaran to Santorini. You actually have to bring printed tickets. This was not explained. Our agent probably didn't know. They will only print the tickets at the travel company that the tour was booked through and it was closed the morning of our trip. We were fortunate that our driver from Mykonos had a close friend at another travel company that literally opened his Travel Company just for us to print our tickets before boarding. We made it just in time!
3. It took us too many flights to arrive home. (4) They just opened a flight from Santorini to London right after we got back. I would strongly recommend that to future travelers. It would have been better not to have to stay in Athens that last night, though the hotel was nicely located by the airport.
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
"Our trip to Italy was seamless. Our travel agency planned every detail and it worked perfectly."
"My wife and I had the best honeymoon thanks to this European travel agency and Zicasso for getting us in touch with them."
"We would give a five star report to both these agencies for wonderful service."
Copyright © 2021 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 650 Castro St., Suite 120,
Mountain View, CA 94041, USA