Can this company deliver a perfect vacation for a family with teens? You better believe it.
We just returned from 11 days in Germany and I can honestly say that this travel agency delivered a flawless trip and exceeded our expectations every single day. I normally plan our family vacations, but my family had a huge wish list of things to do/see and was no way I could make it all work. I wanted to see the WWII and cold war historical sites in Berlinand Munich, my daughter wanted to spend the night in a castle, my son wanted high adrenaline activities, my wife wanted to visit family in ancient Quedlinberg and see mad king Ludwig's Neuschwanstein Castle (aka, the fairytale castle). Our travel agency's team interviewed us over the phone, listened to our huge list of goals, asked a ton of questions about how we like to travel/eat/explore, and then came up with a trip itinerary that met all of our goals.
The travel agency took care of every detail for us -- including every hotel booking, every train ticket, every transfer, the rental van, every tour, and every dinner reservation. It was 5-star in every selection, and completely turnkey. Some of the best touches were:
1. Delivered a remarkable binder with day-by-day plans with the rail tickets, tour vouchers, maps, etc., in plastic sleeves so that we always had everything at our fingertips. The plan for most days included a half-dozen optional activities and two or more restaurant recommendations.
2. Provided us a German iPhone with unlimited data so we always had internet access, texting/calling with the travel team, and Google Maps.
3. Our guides gave just our family of four private tours of Berlin for 3 days, of the Romantic Rhine for one day, and of Munich for 2 days. The company founder and president, even picked us up at theFrankfurt rail station after already fetching our rental car and gave us a driving tour down the Rhine to our castle hotel --- it was a great personal touch. All of the guides were remarkably knowledgeable and adapted the tours to our interests and pace.
4. Arranged for a private tour of Neuschwanstein Castle at 8:30am in the morning before the first public tours started after 9am. We had the whole castle to ourselves!
5. Booked us into an epic castle hotel on the Rhine. Our room had a secret passageway way behind a bookshelf, which was totally Harry Potter and my daughter was in absolute heaven.
6. Booked us into great hotels in the hearts of every city -- we could literally stumble out of bed into the market squares in Rothenburg, Munich, Quedlinberg, etc.
7. Every time we got off a plane or train, there was someone there holding a sign with our name on it ready to take us and our mountain of luggage.
The planning process before the trip was easy. Our travel agency proposed an itinerary after our interview call. We discussed it as a family and asked for some changes, which they made. And then we asked for more changes. And then more. We always got what we asked for. We did most of it by email with everyone was all super helpful.
Yes, you need to pay in advance. I was super hesitant about sending those big checks to Germany, as I am sure other people are. I can confirm for you that this company is the real deal.
I could not recommend any organization higher. From the thoughtful planning to the personal communications during the trip to the flawless execution, our trip was the perfect family vacation. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
"I can't say it enough, use this company!!"
"We expected this first class planning and execution, but what followed was far beyond anything we had ever experienced."
"The travel company we used is a highly professional company! They put the customer and their travel needs and dreams first in...
Copyright © 2022 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 650 Castro St., Suite 120-447,
Mountain View, CA 94041, USA