This travel consultant coordinated the most amazing adventure for us. My trip to Italy was a high school graduation present for my nephew and so I wanted to make sure that we had a broad experience in Italy, with a good mix of history, food, culture and both physical activity and relaxation. Our travel agent did not disappoint us as we travelled from Rome, to the amalfi Coast, to Pompeii, to Florence and to Venice. My nephew loved every bit of it, and we had an excellent balance of guided tours and exploration time. We visited most of the historical and cultural sites in each city, and also spent a day hiking, another on a boat cruise, and another on a bike tour. Our agent's knowledge of Italy and choosing activities and private tours for us in each city was amazing. I was especially impressed with the private guides she set up for us - as their knowledge about their cities brought each activity to life and allowed us to immerse ourselves into the culture for a few days.
Our travel consultant was in constant contact with us, making sure we had everything we needed and that we were prepared for the following day. She had museum tickets purchased and transportation arranged in advance, and also provided excellent restaurant recommendations wherever we went. We felt totally at ease and confident that every day would be special.
It's hard to define the most enjoyable or memorable parts, but the following stands out:
- everything in amalfi - the hotel, the hike, the food - a truly unbelievable place!
- Our guides - we feel like we left Italy with new friends - Ditto that for our travel consultant
- Pompeii was incredible, we could have spent longer there it was so amazing
- Rome - the history - the food - the history - the food.....
- Florence - the Duomo was truly beautiful. and our guide brought the Medici's to life for us. Her understanding of the artwork and the stories behind the masters brought a whole new perspective and level of enjoyment to our visit
- the pizza restaurant in Naples - simply the best pizza ever!
If we did this trip again, I might spend an extra day or two in Amalfi and one less in Florence (eliminating the siena day). I would also have spent a bit more time in Pompeii. From a hotel perspective, the hotel in Venice was pretty disappointing in comparison to all the other hotels we stayed at.
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
"This travel agency did a superb job of helping us plan an interesting trip to Italy."
"Everything about this trip from the planning with this travel agent to the final journey home was first class, top notch." ...
"Talk about a first class vacation... this was it! We were pampered every step of the way."
Copyright © 2021 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 650 Castro St., Suite 120-447,
Mountain View, CA 94041, USA