Our travel agent sold us on the first call -- she was attentive and understanding and keenly interested in what would make this a memorable family vacation for a family of four that included two older teens. We asked for local gyms (real muscle-head places for our elite athlete son) and she found something perfect in each location along the way. She took our needs and interests into account and did not judge when we asked to go more casual with meals or skip a lengthy tour.
Once on the ground in country, we could not have asked for better service from these travel representatives. Our agent was a quick call or text away every time we needed her, friendly, helpful, and effective at making things happen. One of our best experiences was meeting with her during the wine tasting in Rome. She is delightful and so happy to have made her acquaintance.
Private transfers at every stop were heavenly -- so nice to have someone waiting to help us with luggage and get us to the hotels and airports/train stations painlessly.
Cooking class in Rome – entire family enjoyed this experience, despite a grumble or two when Mom insisted on it on the itinerary. The food was delicious, the company charming, the advice memorable, and the flat in Rome remarkable!!! This was the highlight for my husband and our teenagers, so thanks so much for recommending it. The wine wasn’t bad either.
- The hotels were perfect – nice rooms for kids and us, lovely bathrooms and toiletries, good locations and a great option for a bite or a drink when we did not want to venture out. Munich had the best location; Venice had the best bathroom; and Rome the best toiletries. But all were wonderful. Both the breakfast in Munich and that in Rome were phenomenal; Venice good as well, but the others were tremendous.
- Period concert in Venice – surprisingly delightful! Husband and I did this together; kids were just not interested, but I truly enjoyed the lavish costumes, the expressive and humorous performers and the familiar music. Hubby who only came along so I would not get lost on the way home enjoyed it as well.
- Tours, for the most part – I liked the tours we selected and the scenery, artwork and history were wonderful to discover.
- We ended up booking a last minute bike tour of Munich ourselves. I'd recommend that the company investigate this provider and consider offering it to other travelers. This was a "non-Zicasso" add to the itinerary
- We did find that some of the Italian guides’ English was not that strong. Our guide for the Vatican Museum evenapologized for her language skills, and our guide for ancient Rome and our guide for the evening Roman tour were difficult to understand. I wish we spoke Italian because I think there was much moreto learn than we were able to absorb.
We also decided toward the end of the tour that we should have spent the last 2-3 days at a coastal or more relaxing location. We took so many tours and excursions that we had a great time but were exhausted at the end of the vacation. A couple days' rest would have made it absolute perfection!
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
"This travel company did a great job planning our trip."
"These agents were amazing. Their expertise was very much appreciated. Their suggestions and in country contacts truly made...
"Many of the guides we had were excellent and clearly enhanced our trip."
Copyright © 2020 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 1580 W. El Camino Real, Suite 14,
Mountain View, CA 94040, USA
Denver Branch: 1407 Larimer Street, Suite 300,
Denver, CO 80202, USA