We had an amazing trip to South Africa and Zimbabwe! We really enjoyed working with Melissa to plan our trip and felt that it turned out exactly as we had hoped. This Africa safari travel company was easy to work with, helpful, responsive to our many questions, and even available while we were in South Africa to address a few minor issues that arose. We would recommend this company to anyone planning a safari trip to this part of Africa.
One thing we would've found more helpful is if the local agents in South Africa were available by email. We did not have a phone plan while abroad and were unable to call the local BF contacts to get assistance if we weren't in our hotel room. Email would've been more convenient and helpful means of communication while on our trip.
It is hard to choose! Every hotel/lodge/B&B where we stayed was amazing an very conveniently located. Some highlights include our privately guided tours hiking Table Mountain and driving down the Western Cape. We loved getting to speak with local guides about culture, politics, and history while seeing the gorgeous sights of South Africa. We also loved our safaris and the opportunity to see every animal we hoped for and more.
1) The Panorama Route full-day tour we felt rushed and there wasn't sufficient time to see the listed sites, eat lunch, and arrive at our next safari destination. We had to skip God's Window and still arrived late for afternoon game drive. We would recommend allowing more time for this excursion.
2) We would do all private tours rather than do a semi-private/small group tour to wine country. We didn't enjoy this day as much because of the uncomfortable tour bus and the unusual interactions we had with people in the small group.
3) We wish we were given more advance notice about the rustic nature of our second safari lodge, Notten's Bush Camp (i.e. no electricity and no running water one whole day due to an elephant stepping on the water pipes). We still enjoyed staying there, but would've liked to know this in advance.
4) We would request an itemized list of the cost of our trip activities. We are comfortable with what we paid overall, but would like to know how much each activity cost individually.
5) Wouldn't bring my American hair dryer/diffuser because it didn't function in any of the outlets in Africa, even using a converter
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
"Our agent made the planning easy and the extra touches of having someone meet us at the airport and high end guided tours in...
"From the outset our Africa safari travel agent was very responsive to our requests and helped us create a fantastic trip."
"This safari travel company went above and beyond in the planning of my "once in a lifetime" trip."
Copyright © 2020 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 1580 W. El Camino Real, Suite 14,
Mountain View, CA 94040, USA
Denver Branch: 1407 Larimer Street, Suite 300,
Denver, CO 80202, USA