Just came back from a 12 day Vietnam and Cambodia vacation with my wife and 16 year-old son organized by this travel agency in Vietnam. Our travel agent did a great job. We had a wonderful time.
I stumbled across Zicasso when I began planning for the vacation. I wanted a bespoke trip, with knowledgeable local guides and drivers, as well as a travel agent that would guide me based on interests. Zicasso suggested two Ho Chi Minh City based travel agents. After review of the initial tour plans, and review of the comments on Trip Advisor for both agencies, I decided to pick this company. During the process, there was the Tet (Vietnamese New Year) Holidays that delayed things a bit and our travel agent's father unfortunately passed away. I was kind of stressed because it took much more time than expected to get everything reserved. In the end, everything worked out.
Guides were very knowledgeable and spoke English well. We had a guide in Hanoi, Siem Reap and Ho Chi Minh City. (We spent 3 days in Hanoi, 1 day in Halong Bay, 3 days in Siem Reap and 4 days in Ho Chi Minh City). The guides were always on time and well organized. We enjoyed spending time with them.
As soon as we landed in Hanoi, the travel company had arranged to expedite the visa process which took 10-15 minutes. The guide and driver were waiting for us and it was the beginning of a zero stress trip.
All suggested hotels were great, transport was always on time and the activities in the different cities were all on the mark.
Before leaving for the trip we were really hoping that everything would be OK ... everything was already paid for and we were dealing with a travel agency in another country that we had never met face to face. It ended up being a great vacation. The whole family had a great time. I would highly recommend using this travel agent for your Vietnam/Cambodia trip. Our agent came to meet up with me at the hotel in HCMC on the last day. Was great to finally meet him.
1. After dark Vespa tours in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City - Did this in both cities ... a lot of fun! My wife was apprehensive about getting on the back of a Vespa (!) and eating where the locals eat ... but it was fun and nobody got food poisoning ... the company takes great care in choosing the restaurants.
2. Went to visit the museum in Ethnology in Hanoi to get a better understanding of the history of Vietnam and its population. Was good to do this at the beginning of the trip.
3. Angkor Wat sunrise - Got up at 4 am to see the sunrise at Angkor Wat ... and then visited a few other temples. Definitely worth it!
4. Did the Quad sunset ride in Siem Reap. Very fun. My 16 year old said this was one of his favorite activities.
5. Went to a Pagoda in Siem Reap and the whole family got blessed by a Buddhist monk.
6. Halong Bay was beautiful ... the one night cruise is more than enough. 3 hour long ride to and from Hanoi was very long.
7. The hotel we stayed at in Siem Reap was probably the best hotel of the trip .. the staff was terrific ... very special boutique hotel. My wife had a cooking class at the hotel and went to the market with the Chef to buy the ingredients .. definitely one of her high points of the trip.
8. Mekong Delta tour and the Cu Chi Tunnel/war museum in HCMC were worth it.
9. Having evening drinks on the rooftop terrace of our hotel in Ho Chi Minh City was a nice way to end the trip.
I would have made it longer. We didn't want to leave!
On the improvement side of the fence - For Halong Bay ... I would try to find another way to get to Halong Bay from Hanoi ... The 3 hour van ride was tough. They are building an airport in Halong Bay ... not sure when it's going to be ready.
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
"Every detail was handled expertly by my agent."
"[The guides] were attentive, watching for when we wanted to stay more and enjoy while moving faster on some other itinerary...
Copyright © 2021 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 650 Castro St., Suite 120-447,
Mountain View, CA 94041, USA