This travel agency planned a wonderful trip for us and set the bar high for any future adventures in South America. Having never explored that part of the world before, my sister and I were unsure about how to approach planning a trip and are very happy and glad that we chose this company as our tour provider.
The trip planned was comprehensive and fun-filled with every little detail taken care of from transportation (flights, pick-ups, drop-offs), excursions (Machu Picchu, Amazon rainforest, ocean boat tours, historical sight-seeing in Cusco), and food (excellent included meals and great recommendations from fellow travellers). All the representatives from the agency, every driver, and every tour-guide at the excursions and sights were all extremely helpful, polite, well-versed and friendly. We learnt so much during our trip and felt safe and taken care of throughout the entire holiday.
Highly recommend visiting Peru and using this travel agency. They allowed us to see so much of the country within our budget and we travelled very comfortably and safely (they checked in on us regularly as well which was lovely!).
Of course Machu Picchu was the highlight - it is a sight to behold and so full of history, culture, engineering, and breathtaking views. It is incredible to see it preserved so well and maintained by Peru and amazing to see a piece of history in the flesh. Strongly recommend for anyone to visit while the site is still open, as the wear and tear from tourism foot traffic is affecting the site.
There is lots of other things to discover in Peru as well - we pretty much experienced all types of climates during our 2 weeks trip.
1) Puerto Maldonado - staying at the edge of the Amazon rainforest was a great experience. You feel a part of nature and there are beautiful trails and boat-rides nearby. Make sure to take lots of bug spray!
2) Aguas Caliente - a quaint little town where you stay to visit Machu Picchu. If you can, visit the Sun Gate as early as possible (we took one of the first buses up at 4.30am) as it was a once-in-a-lifetime moment to see the sun come up over the mountains and light up the citadel. Highly recommend eating at Indio Feliz - excellent food and great unique atmosphere.
3) Cusco - so much history and culture here. You really see the intersection of the Inca history and Spanish culture. Make sure to visit the Cathedral and Inca museum for history. Two recommended restaurants - Uchu for its steaks (try the alpaca) and Fallen Angel for its unique decor and delicious food.
4) Puno - the floating islands and Lake Titicaca are unique and great to see the native cultures and way of life so beautifully preserved and continued. We originally didn't have this as part of our trip, and am very glad that we included it.
5) Paracas - perfect way to finish the trip by the Pacific Ocean and see birds, seals, and other marine animals.
Nothing - it was perfectly planned and suited to our needs. We were able to see many parts of Peru, discover a new part of the world for us, and travel comfortably and safely. Thanks again to our travel agency!!
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
"We loved our trip to Peru. Everything was planned and well coordinated for us so we could enjoy the vacation."
"Overall we had a great time. We are very happy with the itinerary..."
Copyright © 2020 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 1580 W. El Camino Real, Suite 14,
Mountain View, CA 94040, USA
Denver Branch: 1407 Larimer Street, Suite 300,
Denver, CO 80202, USA