I thought our travel agency did an excellent job. They gave me the trip I asked for. Unfortunately the weather was really cold and rainy and a couple of our excursions were cancelled or amended. Otherwise I think it would have been a great trip. I did learn a few things from the trip. I will not get a trip where I have to drive long distances and I will not spend time in cities that don't have much to offer.
We enjoyed the kayaking and hiking in Abel Tasman National Park and the guided hike Routeburn Track. We also liked the Tiki trail in Queenstown with the gondola ride down, hike up, and riding the luge. I also like Te Papa museum in Wellington and the Wearable Arts Museum in Nelson.
1. I would not spend any time in Auckland.
2. I would not travel long distances each day.
3. I would not go to Milford Sound
4. I would not do the Maori Cultural center
5. When the Tongoriro Great Alpine Crossing was cancelled I would have gone on my own hike and not take a long very unscenic hike just to hike.
6. I would find more hikes that we could do on our own without a guide.
7. I would get a slightly larger motorvan.
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
"The Zicasso agent was very helpful organizing a "first time" itinerary."
"The trip was well-paced and for the most part we stayed in very comfortable hotels with breathtaking views."
"Our contact did an excellent job. Her suggestions for travel locations and places to stay were perfect, and the entire trip...
Copyright © 2019 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 1580 W. El Camino Real, Suite 14,
Mountain View, CA 94040, USA
Denver Branch: 1437 Larimer Street, Suite 200,
Denver, CO 80202, USA