I just returned from my two weeks vacation in the enchanted Morocco. I am still mesmerized by its historic cities and sites, lively festival souks, scenery from high mountains to the desert and everything in between. It’s like a Journey back in time. I enjoyed every moment of it. Big thanks to our travel company which provided a well-curated itinerary of luxury accommodations. diversified activities and authentic cuisines. I know that I was in good hands when I was greeted by a knowledgeable and attentive guide and a caring driver at the airport. I enjoyed my road trip with them very much!
My big trip was planned very last minute. I must say that from the first email we exchanged with the company to the drop off at the airport, everything was a real pleasure throughout. Our agent and his team won my heart with his very quick responses and pertinent information and details. He helped me build my itinerary, looked after numerous details (as if this was his own trip), communicated along every step of the way, and checked-in with me through our tour.
On the road, we were provided a local cell phone as well as in-car wifi service so that we can stay connected 24x7 for any requests. This convenience gave us a peace of mind and flexibility wherever we were. We enjoyed all the accommodations (the riads, and Kasbahs) and local cuisine (tagines, couscous, bread, pastries, etc.) in Morocco.
Our attentive tour guide and driver were great with thorough knowledge about Morocco and have good sense of humor. Our guide has a calm and scholar-like personality and he knows Morocco as well as Berbers of Morocco intimately. I like to engage with the locals and learn about their stories when I travel. He taught us some basic Arabic and Berber languages which made our exploration in the souks and medinas much more interesting. His introduction about the history and culture was fascinating. I had a much better appreciation for the beautiful scenery, tasty food, hospitable people, and simplicity of life (that is rare in our days). Our driver was always making sure that the car was kept clean and comfortable as we embarked on a long road journey. He drove carefully and tirelessly to ensure we arrived timely for each activity.
Our contact was a great quarterback from their office for the entire trip. He was always available to help sort through operational logistics. In particular, he went the extra miles to help me sort through my post-trip accommodation arrangement and airport transfers.
I would like to thank the whole members of our travel company for the amazing experience they provided me when I visited Morocco. Throughout the trip, I felt that we partnered as a team to make this vacation a memorable one. I took home the passion, hospitality and emotion they showed us about their friendly country. I could not stop raving about the entire trip w family and friends at home.
I must say that I fall in love with Morocco and will definitely visit again soon.
This is such a memorable trip. There is a new pleasant surprise this country offers. To name a few:
1) Riding a camel into the Sahra desert, climbing up the sand dunes to observe the sunset and sunrise, and sleeping in a lit up tent under star covered sky were surreal.
2) Strolling through the quiet blue and white-washed poetic city of Chefchaouen was dreamlike.
3) Visiting the Imichil Festival and spotting Nomad tents were truly a journey back in time.
4) Witnessing the beautiful oasis, rock formation, and kasbahs when we drove through the Atlas ad Anti-Atlas Mountains was refreshing each corner we turned.
5) Cooking lesson in Marrakech where I was able to put together the most delicious tajine Chicken and hand-made bread was time well spent (note: I do not cook at all.)
6) Tasty pastries (made of rosewater frequence, fresh dates, almonds) from Rabat worths gaining a little weight for :)
7) Learning how to converse in some basic Arabic and Berber made the trip all that more engaging.
8) Our wonderful, down-to-earth guide and driver. They took such a good care of us on the road. We are grateful.
The itinerary we planned was ambitious, covering a lot of areas in two weeks, but I don’t regret a minute of it. Every place we visited from Chefchaouen to Essaouira had its own magical charm and deserved more time. I valued a couple free-time slots that the travel company puts in so that the trip was on a good pace. If I could, I would add one more day in Fes.
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
"The whole family loved the trip."
"The planning process went very well."
"Trip was terrific. Everything was well organized."
Copyright © 2019 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 1580 W. El Camino Real, Suite 14,
Mountain View, CA 94040, USA
Denver Branch: 1437 Larimer Street, Suite 200,
Denver, CO 80202, USA