This trip was a great introduction to Morocco and its history and culture. The travel company and staff were congenial and helpful and enticing - the perfect combination to keep us excited to visit Morocco - we were literally counting the days for our departure :)
These were the highlights of our trip in order of occurrance:
1. Chellah (I have a zillion pictures of storks :)
2. Volubilis (the history of Roman influence from our guide was as interesting as the ruins themselves)
3. Merzouga Desert (Stargazing and sunrise was amazing - so was the quiet of the location after the souks)
4. Ben Haddou (fun to climb to the top; view was great!)
5. Saadian Tombs and Bahia Palace (Moroccans sure put "art" into architecture - I took a zillion pictures)
6. Cooking class (the head chef and all the female cooks were so helpful and attentive; it was fun mixing it up with other couples in the class)
7. Hiking in the Atlas (a bit daunting going up - I had just re-injured my knee, and uneven steps made me anxious... guide was awesome and generous with his help - and we took the donkey trail back down :) The views were amazing; tea with the guide's family was fun!)
8. The Hammam (well organized and satisfying spa treatment)
9. Hotel in Marrakesh was a lovely place to stay!
I would stay longer and add a coastal experience as well
I would omit the tasting experience - it was an odd choice of tasting items and no real explanation of what Moroccans eat on a daily basis
I would only spend a half day maximum in the souks - too crowded; too repetitious
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
"Terrific driver. Careful, on-time, attended to every need."
"The travel company was fantastic."
"Driver, Guides and all members of the organization where at our disposal to make our stay a great one."
Copyright © 2019 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 1580 W. El Camino Real, Suite 12,
Mountain View, CA 94040, USA
Denver Branch: 1437 Larimer Street, Suite 200,
Denver, CO 80202, USA