Our travel advisor did an excellent job helping us refine the areas we would visit, as we had a limited time to travel. We enjoyed all of the day tour companies he chose ,the guides were all excellent, fun, and informative. The hotels were well chosen in great areas to walk and explore.
1. The Bridge climb, we were fortunate to be there during the "Vivid" Sydney light show, and enjoyed it from the bridge, and from walking around the city. We were happy the climb was not beyond our physical capabilities, it was so well run we felt confident on all parts of the climb.
2. Featherdale Park was our favorite for animal interaction, especially feeding the kangaroos.
3. The catamaran/sailing trip was the most relaxing day, Whitehaven beach was fantastic.
4. The reef snorkeling trip was the most "new" experience for us as we'd never snorkeled in open ocean or seen a reef. It was amazing.
5. The final parts of the Great Ocean Road trip (12 Apostles etc.) had the most spectacular scenery.
Our first day flight was cancelled so we missed a day in Sydney, I would add a day of no planned tours in case this happened again, building in a "free" day. Also, our flight from Hamilton Island to Melbourne got switched to later in the day, so we missed a half day in Melbourne. Bottom line I'd add a day in Sydney and Melbourne with more free time built in, and change the route from Melbourne, then Sydney, then Hamilton Island, to avoid extra time in the air, instead of going back and forth like we did. However, doing it as city, then beach, then city had a nice feel to it. I also would have only had 2 days of the Golf cart on Hamilton Island, as it was easy to walk almost everywhere we needed to go.
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
"From the very beginning our agent listened to what we wanted out of our dream trip and incorporated all activities he could...
What were the most enjoyable or memorable parts of your trip?
"Sydney and Tasmania were the best."
"Our agent was very helpful in arranging and re-arranging the itinerary based on our travel needs and budget."
Copyright © 2022 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 650 Castro St., Suite 120-447,
Mountain View, CA 94041, USA