We were really pleased with the entire zicasso experience. We were paired up with Michelle this South Pacific travel company who was extremely knowledgeable re Australia and New Zealand. She mocked up multiple iterations of the itinerary until it was perfect; she was extremely patient and understanding throughout this process and made superb recommendations as far as:
-tour group sizes (we wanted small groups)
-dining options (we would never have found Amisfield outside of Queenstown, NZ without her help, she got us a fantastic table at Cafe Sydney outside etc)
-timing of outings (ie she suggested the twilight bridge climb in Sydney which wouldn't have been nearly the same experience at noon)
-flight times (she worked extensively with us to find and book the times to ensure our time on land was maximized)
-coordinating drivers and pick ups (not having to worry about the small details takes off most of the stress during international travel)
While we were incredibly lucky with the weather and flights departing on time, Michelle's intimate knowledge of the area enabled us to have a fantastic and memorable honeymoon.
1) Kangaroo Island is such a unique spot and the Southern Ocean Lodge provides immaculate service and accommodations. We loved being so close to all of the wildlife and the scenery is incredible. I would go back to Kangaroo Island and stay at the Southern Ocean Lodge in a heartbeat! The service is incredibly personalized, the food is spectacular (4-5 course dinners every evening with wine pairings) and the wildlife you get to see is truly unique - no zoos or parks - just open land.
2) Milford Sound flight back to Queenstown. While we very much enjoyed the overnight cruise, the absolute highlight was seeing Milford from the air. We couldn't believe how beautiful it was. I will say, though, we got lucky with the weather because a fair amount of time they won't fly due to rain and wind. Beware - the plane seats 8!
3) Harbor Bridge Climb in Sydney - We were incredibly lucky with the weather. Highly recommend the twilight climb (6:05 pm to about 9pm) because you get to see the city as the sun sets and the weather is mild. We experienced the most magical sunset over the city.
4) Food in Queenstown - We highly recommend Rata and Botswana Butchery!
5) Trust the chef lunch @ Amisfied. Just go and have the full trust the chef lunch with wine pairings - and sit outside! You won't be disappointed.
6) Bondi to Bronte beach walk outside of Sydney. We'd recommend a lunch at Iceberg's afterwards.
Extended the time we were in Sydney and Kangaroo Island by 1-2 days so we could spread out the time between airport travel.
The Blue Mountains were incredible, but New Zealand scenery is above and beyond anything I've ever seen. Looking back, I would have rather spent more time in New Zealand than the day trip to the Blue Mountains. Although, on the way to Blue Mountains, we stopped at Featherdale Wildlife Park which was an absolute highlight as we were able to see all sorts of Australian wildlife.
If time hadn't been an obstacle for us, we would have loved spending time in Adelaide en route to Kangaroo Island in the Barossa Valley wine tasting.
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
"I couldn't have asked for more."
"The NZ and Indonesian suppliers were excellent. Everything spot on!!!.. Guides the best, we have had many in our years of...
Copyright © 2021 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 650 Castro St., Suite 120-447,
Mountain View, CA 94041, USA