Memorable family, spring break, trip of 7 days to Belize - Met all expectations as it was our first visit to this country. It was also our first experience using a travel agent as we have arranged all our other trips (Europe / US / South East Asia) ourselves.. First experience with a travel agent was great.
Very professional, while friendly, service from our Belize travel agent - She listened to our requests, was willing to search for alternatives, and kept a great customer attitude. Quick turnaround on all requests (say about 24 hours).
Same comment on the operations side. for eaxmple, she was able to arrange for a minor change during the trip itself.
We experienced one single difficulty with a transportation arrangement during the trip. The entire travel agent team was helping us on a Saturday. Including the local Belizean folks (Las Terrazas resort mngt, the local travel agency and to some extent the boat company). Though it was a bit stressful, things worked out and our agency was completely involved and responsive.
Overall I would use this travel agency / Zicasso again and would recommend them.
The mix of "cultural" activities and typical (beach and sun) relaxation. We were actively seeking this dual experience as we had lived it in Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, the south of France or other places.
We had a few "first time" experiences as a family (2 adults - 2 pre-teens):
- Visiting Mayan sites,
- Snorkeling / first lessons of scuba diving,
- Hands on: from chocolate bean grinding all the way to chocolate beverage and chocolate "bar"
- Underground river tour / caves
Guides and drivers were most often very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about sharing their insight about different aspects of their country.
Blancaneaux (F. Coppola) Resort was very nice, pampering, remote, all as expected - we were fortunate to be upgraded for a couple of nights.
Las Terrazas Resort was a very good surprise. Recent, well appointed, large 2-room "condo" in a small resort. Good and friendly service.
I think it would keep 90% + . Any change would be on fine tuning.
1. I would probably optimize the transfer from Blancanneaux to Maya Flats (airport strip) by flying out of Maya Flats in late afternoon, after a day of site visits (rather than making a specific trip to Maya Flats as we did - it takes 60-75 minutes).
2. We had planned a return from Ambergris Caye to Belize City by boat, at a casual pace, to see the shores from a different perspective. This did not happen, but I would like to give it a shot again.
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
"If we could rate them higher than 5 stars we would! They have changed how we think about travel agencies."
"Everything went smoothly...We had a wonderful experience exploring Costa Rica!"
Copyright © 2021 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 650 Castro St., Suite 120-447,
Mountain View, CA 94041, USA