1. Hotel & Restaurant Selection : Excellent
2.Travel Itinerary : Well planned and flexible
3. Request for wheelchair was met within reasonable time by Travel Planner.
4. Guides :
- Munich Guides were excellent. Know their job well, kind and take interest in us whilst introducing us to the culture, history and point of interest in munich. They even took great care in helping my 87 year old uncle along
- Bavaria driver and guide was outstanding. He took time to get to know us, our interest and went beyond the call of duty to ensure that we had a wonderful time in Bavaria as well as Salzburg. He took us to places that are not in the suggested itinerary and we had a great time with him. He really cared for my uncle, volunteering to be with him in places where it is not wheelchair friendly. We would want him to be our guide should we return to Germany
- Rothenberg - Rhine Valley guide was not up to expectation and quite a disappointment. He didn't take an interest in showing us the places and many questions about the point of interest were not answered. The impression we got from him was he wasn't interested in taking us around and it was just a job to him. It wasn't professionally done. we are just wanting to get the 3 days with him over and done with quick. Nevertheless, we appreciated his suggestion in taking us to Cologne on the last day with him.
5. Travel Planner was really professional when I made enquiry via zicasso. In fact it was her persistence and good customer sales that made me decide to go with your recommended travel company. She was really professional until after we made our payment. Email replies slowed down and it came to a point that I had to write more than once or call her many times to get a reply. The most upsetting was that she didn't keep to her words in giving me the final details as she had said in her emails. I was still waiting for her email for final confirmation on the night before we took the early morning flight to Germany. The thought of maybe the agency is a fraudulent company came to my mind when I didn't receive her reply few days before my departure. I had to even email the hotel booked in munich to ensure that I had 3 rooms booked. I had even conveyed my thoughts after calling her several times, left message but still the service was indifferent. On the night before my departure, I called her time and again and left message, but in the end, she didn't even return my call, but I manage to get her after several try. One should go on holiday happy and excited, I had to be worried sick throughout my flight worrying that I was duped and had to go to the police in munich to make a police report whilst caring for my parents and my elderly uncle. During the trip, questions messaged to her though simple, many times was not replied. It came to a point that I don't see the point of asking anymore. This is really not professional and unacceptable. The feeling we got was , "money was received, after service does not matter and we are just Asians". Thank God the trip went smoothly. I really hope there will be no other customer who had to go through this type of ordeal.
Overall, despite this horrid ordeal, the 3 fantastic guides made our trip worthwhile despite the stressful and unsettling beginning and ending of our trip.
1. The rich beauty and history of Germany's the architecture (building and castles).
2. History of Dachau Concentration camp explained and able to have a glimpse of what happened during that period
3. Being welcome to our guide's family for tea. Having a glimpse of German's family living in countryside will be one of the best highlights.
4. The various lakes and forest that we had time to tread and enjoy the serene beauty
5. The evening dining at M32 restaurant in Salzburg
Nothing as I have not been to Germany prior to this. But I certainly hope that I would not have to go through the above ordeal but have the 3 wonderful tour guides.
Travel Company's Comments
First of all I would like to thank you for your candor in expressing your feelings about your DD travel experience which encourages us to ameliorate our service operation every day. We have taken your critique to our heart since our aspiration is to exceed every client's expectation. If our guests are merely 100% satisfied with their trip we feel disappointment. Although you praised the overall experience of your trip (4 out of 5) we felt alerted when reading your review.
I am truly sorry that you felt disquiet about what to expect before your arrival. We received your confirmed booking some 4 weeks before your departure date – which is unusually short but we decided to accept your reservation since we were genuinely excited to welcome our first guests from Malaysia. As we do for any of our guests we prepared every single component of your itinerary individually to make it fit your family's preferences, your interest, your desired travel pace and your uncle's health conditions. Normally our clients receive their detailed itinerary at the latest 10 –14 days before their arrival date. Given the complexity of your itinerary and the short time frame available this was impossible and we were only able to send your detailed itinerary 5 days before your departure. I take it on me that we didn't set your expectation right – I sincerely apologize that we still made you feel worried when you were boarding your plane. I hope you felt genuine relief when your DD Driver duly met you at the airport and Christine, your Munich DD guide, welcomed you at the hotel for your private tour. Thank you for the nice words you said about the quality of your itinerary.
Also, thank you for providing feedback on your private DD Driver & Guides. I am very pleased that you liked our guides in Munich and that your uncle was well taken care off. Also, I am grateful that you cherished Karl's attention and his invitation to his family's home to have coffee & cake with his mother. At the same time I have taken very seriously your feedback about your Rhine Valley Guide. We have shared your critique with him and analyzed how to improve our client's experience in such situations. Although your Rhine Valley guide usually receives very fond and amiable reviews from our guests I am aware that at times it simply may not "click" with the personality of one of our guides. If I were aware of your dissatisfaction I would have personally taken over from your guide.
The one notion I have to strongly refute is your suspicion that because you are Asian you didn't get the respectful treatment you deserve. I pride myself that DD is particularly fond of its multinational client base. We treat all clients as kings - and particularly strive to do that with guests visiting from countries that are less familiar with our culture (and vice versa). When we founded DD we did so because of our love of foreign visitors and our pride in showing our beautiful country to them in a unique way unavailable to regular tourists. We take genuine interest and curiosity in our guests and I should like to say that I have learned so much about our client's home countries that my personal travel bucket list is growing ever longer. The same sincere interest we extend our to Asian guests. We have had guests of Japanese descent, from China Mainland, Hong Kong, India and the Arab Pennisula – and I am happy to hand out the telephone number of every single of them. All of them felt heartily and cordially welcome by us and by our service partners such as hotels, restaurants and tour guides. I affirm the same holds true for your family. When Christine and Nicole provided their first feedback on your family and shared some of your family background with us everybody in our company felt genuine affection, interest and pride to have you as our guests.
I sincerely regret that you felt this way and would like to thank you again for expressing your thoughts and sentiments.
Founder of DD
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
"excellent a guide or driver met us at each location on time and was very knowledgeable."
"Everything was taken care of from breakfast prepaid to detailed itinerary and recommendations."
"Our travel agency set up the perfect trip!"
Copyright © 2020 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 1580 W. El Camino Real, Suite 14,
Mountain View, CA 94040, USA
Denver Branch: 1407 Larimer Street, Suite 300,
Denver, CO 80202, USA