Our travel planner and his team at this tour company built a once in a lifetime trip for our family in Italy and Sicily. All 7 of us – my parents, brother, uncle and boyfriend – had an experience we will never forget. The travel planner’s team was very attentive and worked with us to perfect our itinerary and was flexible when we had a family member cancel due to health issues. He even got us tickets - the day before - to a sold-out museum so I could see my favorite painter of all time. I can't say enough good things about their team, the tour guides, drivers, and accommodations on this trip, and we felt like VIP the entire time. Thanks to our planner we were able to meet our family in Palermo for the first time overseas with ease and relaxation, knowing as soon as we stepped off the plane everything was taken care of for us. We have recommended the tour company to all of our friends and family if they ever decide to visit Italy or Sicily.
There were so many memorable portions of our trip that it is hard to choose.
1. The ease of travel and convenience - a luxury Mercedes van, with amazing drivers, drove the 7 of us all over Italy as soon as we got off the plane. It was stress-free, flexible, and relaxing, which really made a huge difference.
2. Pompeii - This was collectively our favorite part of the trip, our tour guide kept all 7 of us engaged (whether some of us were interested in history type stuff or not). It was hands down the most magnificent experience I've ever had, and our tour guide really brought the ancient city to life for us. Having a private tour guide on a lot of these experiences was fantastic - I wouldn't have done it any other way.
3. Mozzarella Making Tour - This really brought our family together in a way we hadn't before. This romantic little shop and chef taught us how to make mozzarella, and wined us the entire way through the experience. It was nice to do something interactive, eat the most delicious cheese I've ever had, and learn something along the way. The owner really made us feel special and made the experience very personal.
4. Meeting our family in Sicily - The second half of the trip we had the most wonderful driver in Sicily who was flexible and spontaneous enough to take us wherever we needed to go to meet family. He showed us sights and taught us things along the drive and felt like part of the family by the end of the trip. We never had to wait for a ride or carry luggage as the drivers would wait outside of any place we stopped. This helped us focus on family and not traveling. I was able to see the places my grandparents grew up in Termini Imerese, the church they were married at, and I came back from my grandparents' hometown happily engaged. I couldn't have asked for a better way to start my life with someone than in the place where my ancestors came from.
5. FOOD - All the food we ate was fantastic - thanks to driver recommendations we were able to find some of the best local spots in Italy. AND the breakfasts at all of the hotels were amazing too!!!!
This list could go on forever!
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
"The trip was phenomenal and the travel company was great."
"Great trip! Loved all of their suggestions. Very attentive."
"The travel company was very professional and did a good job of organizing the trip."
Copyright © 2021 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 650 Castro St., Suite 120-447,
Mountain View, CA 94041, USA