I had a good relationship with the trip planner, who had patience with us and a travel specialist was really helpful in answering questions and helping us get a refund for water taxi. While in Italy, you may want to look into using a different travel contact for your customers. The local company was not helpful at all!
Overall our trip was great. There were a few things we would have done different.
1. The 12 hr Tuscany Tour was not what we expected. I guess we should have read the description of the tour more, but I thought a Tuscany tour would include more wine tasting than just 1.
2. When we got on the bus for the Tuscany Tour we were told there were only 6 people in our group and they made us transfer to another bus when we had great seats all together on the 1st bus. Plus the guides spoke better English and there was more than one guide.
3. The bus we were transferred to was not as nice, the tour guide was difficult to understand and we could not all sit together. In fact one person in our party was completely separate at sat in the very back of the bus.
4. The money we paid for this tour was not worth the expense.
5. The only other issue was our water taxi mix up in Venice and so we walked to our hotel which was over 1 mile with all our luggage.
6. The hotels were wonderful and the rest our trip was great.
Other travelers on this trip said:
- Difficult to follow, more attention to detail, especially around transportation, overall trip was great
-For the most part the trip was awesome and Marageti did a wonderful job.
-I thought the trip was well planned out and communication was great. A more clear and easy to read and follow itinerary would be an area to have some improvement.
The walking tour in Florence and the Coliseum tour. We had amazing tour guides who made those Venues come alive. The Pompeii Tour was amazing too.
- All of the site seeing. The tours were great. The coliseum tour guide exceeded our expectations.
- All of the tours with the guides - the guides for the most part were awesome.
Would not do the 12 hr Tuscany tour and in Rome would do a walking tour not a bus tour of the city
- instead of the 12 hour bus trip I would do just wineries with wine tasting
- The "wine" tour was a bit misleading. I would want only the wine tour. The bus was a long trip with no bathroom. Our guide for the "wine" tour was marginal at best, especially compared to the other guides we had.
Travel Company Comments:
Thank you for your honest and thorough review. We are happy to hear that your family enjoyed the hotels throughout the trip and found the guides in Florence, Rome, & Pompeii exceptional. We passed along your constructive feedback regarding the Tuscany wine tour and water taxi to the travel company. Additionally, our team appreciated your patience and flexibility as we worked to process the water taxi refund. We would love the opportunity to work with you again in the future.
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
Copyright © 2021 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 650 Castro St., Suite 120-447,
Mountain View, CA 94041, USA