My overall experience with the travel agency was above average and below I have listed what I like and what was a slight disappointment.
1. The greeting was phenomenal Our representative met us at the airport and greeted us with a warm hug and welcome to Costa Rica it felt like meeting family or a close friend. They also prepared a nice snack package including a bottle of champagne and that greeting set the tone for the trip which both my wife and I appreciated greatly.
2. Communication was excellent. During my trip my mobile phone began to malfunction and it was difficult to stay in contact with our travel company. But when I had access to Wi-Fi I was able to easily contact them via Skype or WhatsApp. In the event that I lost reception or was not available they make other attempts to contact us via our Room phone and the front desk of the resorts.
3. We had a few issues to come up and they address issues very quickly and provided a resolution.
4. I'm glad we choose nature air over sensa for local air travel the planes are larger than sensa and looks a little safer. Note that its still a small plane and requires a certainly level of mental comfort to endure the flight. I personally enjoyed the flight and admiring costa rica from the sky. The terminals are outdoors and hot so dress accordingly and be prepared to be weight on a scale in front of everyone :-)
1. Tabacon was our first resort stay and it was amazing but we had a tour the next day that was early morning at 7:30. We found ourselves waiting out front for about 30 minutes and later learning that the we did not have a tour confirmed for the Sky track and Sky walk. We contacted our travel company and they were able to arrange for the event later that day at 11:00. Which we are very grateful for but we due the change in schedule we where not able to fully enjoy the hot springs for the time we had planned that day. But we were able to later enjoy the hot springs on another day. While we were enjoying the hot springs and emploiyee located us and advised that we had receive a treat as an apology for the mishap with the scheduling and it was nice touch and the reason why I would use this company if I was to travel to Costa Rica again and would recommend them to friends.
2. The romantic dinner I had planned for my wife for valentine required some extra details that was not addressed until the day of the dinner and the only issue with that is I was not available for most part of the day because I was out on the river rafting. However later that day our travel company was able to get in contact with the tour company and they handed me a mobile phone and I was able to address the issue and choose the meal options. I wish this could have been done the first day we arrived. Also special note that on the schedule provided by our travel company the dinner started at 7:00 pm and turns out the dinner started at 6:00 pm. We were at the hot springs and showed up back to our room at 5:30 which gave us about 30 minutes to prepare for dinner. Luckily as we passed through the front office area they advised me the dinner starts at 6:00 pm. we rushed to get showered and dressed and we did show up a little late to dinner which we advised we would be a little late but the chef didn't seem very happy about our tardiness. But I must admit the meal and dining experience is an absolute must that chef was definitely one of the best I had experienced. He deserves the right to have a bit of arrogance :-)
3. While in Santa Teresa we took a ATV tour and learned that my wife and I were booked for one ATV vehicle. I was a miscommunication between us but we had to get a second vehicle. My wife like to drive her own vehicle I probably should have specified that request ahead of time. But the company we dealt with was very suspicious when we asked about getting a second vehicle. My wife speaks Spanish very well and they were contemplating how much to charge us for the extra vehicle. when they realize we know the language then they could not longer understand what we were asking so that started the trip on a negative note but the tour guide was amazing. Later that day we were hustled out of and extra 60 dollars due to miscommunication with the employees and I suppose the management of the atv company.
The most memorable experiences include
1. The greeting upon arrival at SJO airport
1. Walking into our giant home size suite at Tabacon. It is the by far the nicest room I have ever stayed in.
2. Tabacon's resort area with the hot spings.
3. The romantic dinner at Tabacon. It was private and covered in rose pedals it was truly like a movie scene.
4. White water rafting for the first time. It was adventurous and I felt safe the entire time and the crew was phenomenal and the snack break with the fresh fruit mid trip was perfectly timed.
5. Receiving a pool side snack from our travel company due to a Scheduling error.
6. Sunset at Santa Teresa
I would probably pick one location to enjoy like La Fontuna or San Jose. The transport between locations is uncomfortable. Also I don't think Santa Teresa is work the money or time to visit. The town is full of non locals that don't have much respect for the culture and the prices are super inflated. Also due to it's remote location I don't feel like invest does not match the experience.
TRAVEL COMPANY COMMENTS:
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. We take all our traveler feedback very seriously and are always striving for improvement and 5-stars. We are very glad you enjoyed the personal greeting and felt that the communication was excellent as well as that issues were addressed quickly. We take great pleasure in personally welcoming our travelers and making ourselves available 24/7 to assist with anything they might need throughout their stay.
Please accept our apologies again for the reservation error for your tour. We take full responsibility for that and are making extra effort to triple-check all itineraries in the future. We appreciate your flexibility and are so glad we managed to rearrange the tour for you later that same morning.
We are also very happy to hear that you enjoyed the gala dining experience, which was made even more special by the fact that the chef was one of the best you have experienced. You are absolutely right that the hotel should have requested your meal info upon check in. We have spoken to the hotel management and they have taken full responsibility for that, and we greatly appreciate that you were given a gift voucher as compensation. Following your experience we will also be sure to check in on any special celebrations arranged to ensure these miscommunications don't happen again with future guests.
We're also very pleased you had a great ATV tour and found the guide amazing. As you mentioned, one ATV was confirmed for the two of you as requested and we are truly disappointed to hear that you felt hustled for the provision of a second vehicle and apologise if you were made to feel uncomfortable. We have since spoken with the company and they understand in the future to discuss additional costs with us directly (as is our usual custom) and not the travelers.
Once again thank you so much for your review. It means a lot to us that you would use our services again as a well as recommend us to your friends.
Your Costa Rica Team
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
"Trip was excellent and our travel agency did a wonderful job."
"Our agent put together the most amazing trip for my wife's 40th birthday. I simply outlined our interest and a professional...
"Our agent at this travel company was just fantastic. Our dealings with him were highly professional, well organised, with...
Copyright © 2019 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 1580 W. El Camino Real, Suite 14,
Mountain View, CA 94040, USA
Denver Branch: 1437 Larimer Street, Suite 200,
Denver, CO 80202, USA