My wife and I recently returned from a great trip to Argentina arranged by this Argentina travel specialist. We originally were contacted by the specialist via Zicasso and ultimately settled on them as our travel company due to a number of reasons:
- Our travel agent took the time to really understand what it is we were looking for and then develop a thoughtful itinerary that perfectly matched our interests.
- Great value: He worked with our budget and our desired level of luxury and adventure.
- High level of support and attention. At every turn in the process, our agent helped us get prepared for our trip to make sure everything would go well.
- Local support: at each stop on our trip, we had people watching out for us.
The trip went incredibly well, starting with Iguazu Falls, going down to Buenos Aires and then on to Patagonia. Things that made it so successful included:
- Great, private guides at each location (this made a HUGE difference in Iguazu Falls)
- Personal attention, including in Buenos Aires where Andrea (our agent's wife) personally met us at the aiport and took us on a tour of the neighborhood we were staying at.
- Terrific activities: Our travel agent picked out really great activities for us based on our interests (including Tango lesson, a Polo Day, and horseback riding in Patagonia) that went extremely well.
Our highlight was clearly Iguazu Falls with our guide, Blanca. I had previously been to Iguazu Falls with colleagues and without a guide and, while it was certainly a neat enough experience that I wanted my wife to experience it, I didn't think it was going to be any better the second time. Fortunately, I was mistaken.
We were met on the Brazil side at the airport by Blanca and a driver who quickly got us over to the Argentina side, clearning us quickly through immigration. Once there, Blanca took us on a hike of the Upper and Lower Circuits that was eye-opening. She grew up in the area and has a knowledge of the local flora and fauna that was amazing. My wife loves nature walks and her and Blanca spent hours discussing different animals and vegetation that we would never have noticed without Blanca .
The next morning, Blanca had us meet her early and we hiked up along the train tracks to the main waterfall: the Devil's Throat. I had no idea that it was possible to get up there without taking the tourist train. Evidently, no one else had thought of it either because we were not only the first people there, but we had the whole experience to ourseleves for twenty minutes before the first group of tourists from the first train of the day showed up. Seriously: one of the 7 natural wonders of the world and we had it all to ourselves for twenty minutes. Awesome.
We would probably have tried to work our schedule to do 1-2 more days in Buenos Aires. It is clearly an amazing city and two days there doesn't do it justice.
Your overall comments about Zicasso
Was specifically looking for travel specialists for Argentina and eventually got referred to here. I was very happy with how things worked out and would use Zicasso again to locate travel specialists for my next trip.
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
"[Our agents] answered all of our many questions as it was our first trip to South America."
Copyright © 2020 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 1580 W. El Camino Real, Suite 14,
Mountain View, CA 94040, USA
Denver Branch: 1407 Larimer Street, Suite 300,
Denver, CO 80202, USA