WOW is the word that first comes to mind when I sum up the trip that the travel company designed for us. We chose this tour company over another submission because we felt there was more of a personal touch and we were sure right about that. I am a details person and our agent was extremely patient in working with me to fine tune the itinerary. We wanted to travel fairly independently and see as much as possible in our 5 week trip to Argentina and Chile. It was the specialist approach to planning in a specific country that drew me to Zicasso and it was that expertise of the travel company that made the trip so amazing. They were always available by text or email throughout the trip and in the pre-planning stage where communication is so important, I can't think of a single time when our agent did not answer the phone directly. We arrived home yesterday and I can now actually say this - to a flawless trip - one full of memories of cultural experiences, diverse landscapes and fantastic experiences with the people we met. The travel company ticked ALL the boxes on our trip wish list - the hotels exceeded all of our expectations and were always a home away from home at the end of a busy day. I would like to share a very special and personal touch about the company - One of the agents lives in Bariloche and the day we arrived there we were invited to attend an Asadito at her home. The meal was shared with her husband and parents as well and it was a highlight of our trip to enjoy such gracious hospitality and exchange lively conversations while savoring every bite of an excellent meal! This is a very special travel agency - one that adds the personal touch with 24 hour availability and communication and superb knowledge of South America and the ability to match client expectations with a working itinerary to create a trip of a lifetime! We will be recommending this travel company to all our friends and family for their South American adventure.
Overall Comments about Zicasso:
The website is terrific - I have been telling everyone about it and I am very pleased with Zicasso and will use it again in the future.
This was a 5 week journey that started in Buenos Aires for the first 4 nights and then on to Iguazu Falls/Salta/Mendoza/Bariloche/El Calafate/El Chalten/Torre del Paine/Santiago/Central Valley wine country and finishing in Valparaiso. We took 6 internal flights and had 4 separate car rentals
- feeling emotionally overwhelmed when seeing the Falls for the first time and then being able to gaze at them from Room 360 at the Sheraton Hotel which was right in the park!
- star-gazing at high altitude in Salta and the gorgeous landscapes of the Quebrada and the different cultures in Purmamarca and Humahuaco
- The Finca Adalgisa in Mendoza and enjoying the complimentary wine and tapas served while being right in the vineyards and the excellent service this special hotel offered.
- beautiful Bariloche - our first experience in Patagonia and such a lovely one - driving around the 7 lake circuit and then coming back to Llao Llao Hotel right on the lake to our upgraded suite at this magnificent iconic hotel.
- seeing the Perito Moreno Glacier for the first time
- hiking in Chalten and seeing the magnificent Fitz Roy and having all our meals taken care of by the delightful Hosteria El Pilar which could not have been a better location for our hiking experience.
- arriving at EXPLORA Salto Chico for our biggest splurge and having it exceed our expectations on all counts
- having a deliciously relaxing day at Casa Silva and eating dinner there on the outdoor terrace overlooking a polo field!
- falling in love with Valparaiso on our last 2 nights
- and then there is the FOOD - magnificent in both countries!
I would have traded a day trip to Colonia for more time in Salta but otherwise the arrangements were outstanding. If we had been able to extend this trip we both would have liked to visit more countries but alas - as the saying goes - there is never enough time!
Each review is written by a verified traveler who was matched by Zicasso to the reviewed agency. Traveler must have purchased and traveled.
Zicasso matches you with the world’s best travel specialists.
Get Your Trip Planned
"Our South America travel agency made our trip easier in every way. It's that simple."
"Very pleased with tailored trip and price was very good compared to similar quotes..."
"The team at this travel company has been very informative and cooperative throughout the whole trip."
Copyright © 2021 Zicasso, Inc. All Rights Reserved. CST 2124858-50.
Headquarters: 650 Castro St., Suite 120-447,
Mountain View, CA 94041, USA