Tuscany and Umbria will win both your heart and stomach with regional delicacies, warm hospitality and celestial landscapes on this seven-day Italy culinary tour. Journey outside the kitchen, and through the Italian countryside, on a culinary adventure that will inspire your palette and refresh your mood. A tour that blends tradition and history with gastronomic experiences, it will introduce you to a deeper, truer understanding of the art of Italian life.
Rome – Welcome to Rome
On your comfy drive from the airport to the hotel, prepare to spoil your senses with a multitude of Italian delights that begin in Rome, a city that celebrates over 2,500 years of history. At a delightful boutique hotel, you may be a leisurely stroll to extraordinary monuments like the Trevi fountain and Pantheon Dome. Before your afternoon guided tour, unwind in your suite or enjoy an espresso on the hotel’s garden rooftop to steal a panoramic view of the immense historical heritage that highlights the city.
A friendly expert will accompany you through the Vatican where some of the most influential names in Italian art are represented including Michelangelo, Botticelli and Signorelli. A holy see of renaissance, classical and contemporary works, the Vatican exhibits some of the greatest masterpieces ever realized. In Saint Peter's Basilica, see beautiful relic sculptures of saints and angels and learn the history of Christianity. Stare up in awe at Michelangelo’s massive dome structure that towers above Saint Peters shrine. Around the altar, behold the stunning Baldacchino, four large bronze canopies by Bernini.
Tuscany – Slow Cooking in the Hills
Tuscany – The Beauty between Umbria & Tuscany
Tuscany – Under the Etruscan Sun
Florence – Explore the Renaissance City
Orvieto – The Underground City of Umbria
Orvieto – Ciao Italy!
- A guided tour of the Vatican in Rome and hotel accommodations located near some of the cities’ iconic historical monuments
- Accommodations at the luxury properties that add the historical ambiance and flavor of Italy
- Experience rustic Italian cooking in small and intimate classes with local ingredients plucked fresh from their farmland
- Savor every moment of gourmet meals made of age-old recipes passed between generations and that form the backbone of contemporary cuisine
- In Cortona, exlore narrow passageways and medieval walls
- Tour a winery making Vino Nobile and sip fine red wines over platters of crostini
- Stroll Florence’s cobbled streets and visit the Renaissance treasures in the Accademia Museum
- Walk the underground world of Etruscan civilization in Orvieto
$2,501 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By Tom O.
Reviewed By NinaRose H.
Reviewed By Elissa T.
Reviewed By Neha P.
Reviewed By Erica S.
Reviewed By Jean L.