Uncover the mysteries of the Amazon Rainforest and glide across the glimmering waters surrounding the Galápagos Islands on this dreamy 14-day adventure in Ecuador. Quito’s multicultural cityscape expresses generations of European, Moorish, and Incan influence, the Amazon’s forest teems with colorful and curious wildlife, and the Galápagos Islands are surreal volcanic landscapes surrounded by pristine blue waters for travelers to soak up on this extravagant expedition.
Quito - First Stop, the Ecuadorian Capital
Your Ecuadorian adventure to the Amazon and Galápagos Islands will begin in the capital city, Quito. Here, you will admire the enchanting cultural influences of the cityscape that combines Moorish and European characteristics with ancient Incan qualities. Traditional plazas share the history of Ecuador, cathedrals spotlight the colonial charms, and views of the Andes Mountains backdrop the diverse neighborhoods. There is much to discover in and around Quito, and you may spend some time in the evening acclimating to Ecuadorian city life.
Quito - Stand On Either Side of the World
Archidona - Welcome to the Jungle
Archidona - Adventures in the Amazon Rainforest
Quito - River Rafting Down the Jatunyacu River
Puerto Ayora - Amazon Discoveries at the Napo Center
Puerto Ayora - The Nocturnal Activity in the Amazon
Quito - Ancient Amazon Rituals in the Rainforest
Galápagos Islands - Snorkeling in Lobos Island
Galápagos Islands - Remarkable Marine Life Sightings
Galápagos Islands - Walk Among the Sea Lions
Galápagos Islands - Climb Prince Phillip’s Steps
Quito - One Last Ecuadorian Supper
Quito - See You Next Time, South America
- Explore the Ecuadorian capital city of Quito on an insiders excursion to the equatorial landmark, La Mitad del Mundo monument, the UNESCO-listed Historic Center, the Iglesia de la Compañía, and more
- Canoe the cobalt waterway of the Arajuno River, watch the birdlife gather in abundance at an Amazon salt lick, share an authentic meal with an indigenous Amazon community, and watch the famous capuchin monkeys at Misahualli
- Soar past the flourishing jungle-clad landscape on a thrilling river rafting journey over rapids and small falls along the racing tributary of Jatunyacu River
- Discover the Amazon Rainforest and its indigenous flora and fauna from a unique perspective on motorboat tours along the Napo River
- Enrich your vacation with an insightful and inspiring cultural experience in the Napo community center led by Amazon tribeswomen who share their traditions and customs with eager visitors
- Head out into the Amazon Rainforest at night on an exhilarating hike to see the nocturnal creatures of the forest in action when all the other birds and animals are asleep
- Join a community of local Amazon tribespeople during an ancient wayusada ritual, whereby you will learn about the indigenous customs, traditions, and philosophies
- Set sail across the shimmering waters surrounding the Galápagos Islands and visit Santa Fe and South Plazas Island to view the remarkable marine life that calls this volcanic archipelago home
- Walk among the sensational sea lions of Mosquera Islet in the Galápagos archipelago on a desolate white sand beach far from any sort of crowd
- Snorkel the beautiful crystal clear waters of Darwin Bay before you climb the wooden staircase of Prince Phillip’s Steps to capture surreal scenery at the panoramic hilltop viewpoint
$9,921 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.84 stars based on
Reviewed By George T.
Reviewed By Rohith P.
Reviewed By Edward F.
Reviewed By Paul P.
Reviewed By Syed H.
Reviewed By Andrea L.