Cambodia is the home to a culinary culture that blends the practices and methods of various tribes and illustrious landscapes that have been deemed heritage sites. Cambodia is also abounding with an intriguing history that you can discover as you tour its beloved destinations. As you make your way through the country’s spectacular countryside, you will entirely immerse yourself in the spirited atmosphere that will imbue your time at iconic temples, in adored restaurants, and during strolls through...
Siem Reap – Attune to the City
You will touch down at Siem Reap International Airport, where you will meet your private driver. Once you have collected your belongings, you will be transferred to your luxurious accommodation in the heart of the city. You may spend your arrival settling in to the atmospheric city. If you decide to set out from your hotel, you can experience your first taste of Cambodia’s exuberant nightlife. In the evening, the roads are lit by neon signs that hang from the terraces of food stalls. During this experience, you will certainly be presented with a pleasant culture shock.
Siem Reap – Introduction to the Cuisine
Siem Reap – The Architecture of Angkor
Siem Reap – Stone Carvings of Banteay Srei
Siem Reap – Visit Floating Villages
Kampong Thom – Relax among Unspoiled Nature
Day 7 - 8
Kampong Thom – Visit an Iconic Temple
Day 9 - 10
Krong Kracheh – Encounters with Dolphins
Phnom Penh – Phnom Penh’s Exuberant Energy
Phnom Penh – Tour Historical Landmarks
Phnom Penh – Cambodia’s Art of Silk Weaving
Preah Sihanouk – The Beaches of Preah Sihanouk
Preah Sihanouk – Cooking Course of Khmer Cuisine
Day 16 - 18
Koh Rong – Cambodia’s Colorful Coral Reefs
Day 19 - 21
Koh Ouen Private Island – Private Shores
- Delight in a behind-the-scenes tour of the culinary culture of Krong Siem Reap
- Indulge in a tour of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat and its surrounding complexes to discover century-old Cambodian architecture
- Meander along the forested pathways of Banteay Srei, which is a sacred Hindu temple that has been dedicated to Shiva, and capture its intricate network of stone carvings
- Immerse yourself in Khmer culture as you glide across the glistening waters of Tonle Sap Lake to witness stilt-standing, floating villages
- Venture back in time during an exclusive tour of Sambor Prei Kuk’s jungle-flanked temple sites, which are located in the wilderness beyond Kampong Thom
- Witness droves of Irrawaddy freshwater dolphins wallow in the Mekong River from the repose of a privately captained, wooden boat
- Encounter the significant heritage sites of Phnom Penh, such as The Killing Fields and S21 Prison, where you can uncover more of the countries dramatic history
- Discover Cambodia’s time-honored silk weaving traditions and learn more from the locals who are pioneering the reintroduction of silk fabrics at Phnom Penh’s coveted Silk Island
- Retreat to the sun-kissed shores of Preah Sihanouk to bask in the beach fronts and their sapphire seas
- Trace Khmer culinary culture with an expert cooking class of their hallowed traditions, which will be led by an expert, local chef
- Soar across the sea that surround Koh Rong on an exclusive speedboat and snorkeling tour to its neighboring islands and their coral reefs
- Luxuriate at a premier seaside resort on the Koh Ouen Private Island
Cambodia is brimming with breathtaking highlights that are scattered across its illustrious landscapes, and you will be thoroughly impressed by the country’s spectacular views and captivating landmarks. Your customizable tour will begin in the charming city of Krong Siem Reap. The spirited city will share with you its delectable delicacies as you tour its age-old culinary culture during a behind-the-scenes food tour that will lead you to fabled eateries and award-winning restaurants. Your cultural immersion in Siem Reap will further be elevated with an expedition to the Angkorian sculptures. Angkor Wat and Ta Prohm Temple will be highlights of this exclusive tour that will have you uncovering the spiritual roots of Cambodia among the forested landscape of Siem Reap. The meticulous deity carvings of Banteay Srei will culminate your historical excursion in one of Cambodia’s celebrated cities. Before you set off for the luscious jungles of Kampong Thom, you will explore the lakeside lifestyle of Tonle Sap Lake. Here, the fishing villages and plantations will provide you with the pleasure to explore the bewitching, local culture.
Kampong Thom shares more wonderful, cultural sites, and many of them are surrounded by a luscious variation of towering trees and rolling meadows. As you spend more time in the charming city, you will greatly adore the culture that has been left unswayed by the influx of tourism. Afterward, a private retreat to Sambor Prei Kuk will lead you closer than ever to Cambodia’s unspoiled environments, and as you peruse the forest-carpeted temple structures, you will be amazed to uncover some of the countries ancient history. From Kampong Thom, you will retreat to Krong Kracheh, which is also known as Kratie. Nestled on the banks of the Mekong, the riverside town is picturesque, and its sunsets are arguably the best in the country. The highlight of Kratie will be Irrawaddy dolphin sightings, which will come during an exclusive, dolphin-watching tour with an expert guide. Its charming culture and peaceful ambiance have made Kratie a premier destination to embrace the spirit of Cambodia.
Your handpicked holiday through Cambodia will lead you to the capital city of Phnom Penh. The city is an exuberant destination that abounds with cultural highlights in addition to modern accommodations. Before you return to your deluxe suite in the evening each night, you will venture out in Phnom Penh to uncover the dramatic past that is reflected in the eerie walls and conserved gardens of its heritage sites. Furthermore, before you continue your journey, you will visit Phnom Penh’s famous Silk Island, where you will certainly be astonished to learn more about the ancient weaving techniques.
Preah Sihanouk, Koh Rong, and Koh Ouen Private Island will be the final destinations on your immersive vacation through Cambodia. Preah Sihanouk is a city that is poised on the coast of Cambodia and is a gateway to the other illustrious islands that you will explore. Each of these sun-kissed locations offers a wealth of water sports that can keep you entertained from snorkeling the vivid coral reefs to indulging in sunset suppers as you cruise across the cerulean sea. Your accommodations in Koh Rong and Koh Ouen are nestled in the headlands of private beaches, making them a rarely rivaled regal retreat from the well-trodden paths of Cambodia. Throughout your entire vacation, you will be continuously treated as a first-class, and your cherished last moments on these islands will prove to be a royal conclusion to your time in Cambodia.
$4,615 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.81 stars based on 366 reviews.
Reviewed By brian f.
Reviewed By Joseph S.
Reviewed By Sheila C.
Reviewed By Tere G.
Reviewed By Jim D.
Reviewed By Douglas L.