The Splendors of Sicily & the Amalfi Coast
We'll explore the culture, cuisine and art of Sicily to learn how a variety of cultural influences have converged to shape the island's unique character. The tour will include visits to Palermo, the island's most important architectural villages and sites, and a stay at a beautiful seaside village.
Flexible departure dates. Fall 2012
Sicily & the Amalfi Coast
Pricing starts at $4,485 per person and is based on double occupancy. Prices and itinerary subject to change based on fluctuations in exchange rate and changes in itinerary.
Highlights of the trip include:
• Guided tours of ancient temples, theatres and historical ruins.
• A relaxing stay and cooking class at a family-owned and operated Sicilian country estate.
• Day excursions in Sicily and Amalfi Coast, including visits to Pompeii and the island of Capri.
• Shopping in Vietri, a charming town along the Amalfi Coast and one of the most important centers for traditional southern Italian ceramic production.
• A visit to Ravello, a serene medieval town, famous for its views of the Mediterranean and spectacular gardens.
• Sampling of some of the finest cuisine and wines produced in southern Italy.
• A stay in Sicily's resort town Taormina perched on a hill with spectacular views of Mount Etna, Europe's highest volcano.