In my previous blog entry, I highlighted several Unforgettable Journeys for trips from October to December, but how about Luxury & Romance for those in search of hedonism? Simplify your trip planning by choosing one of these spots to explore the richness of a myriad of sights, sounds, tastes, and experiences, which will undoubtedly capture, or at least, inspire your imagination.
From European wine tasting in the the Loire Valley or Tuscany to an exotic trip to Rajasthan in India, you are sure to find a diverse range of options to suit your desires. I've included my choice of top 3 destinations per month here.
Do you agree?
- Mafia Island, Tanzania, Africa for island life complete with diving, trails, and tropical backwater from the old Swahili Coast. Romantic notions aside, it is worthwhile to note that the presence of "unspoiled beaches and waters" with rich marine life downplays the realities faced in this undeveloped country.
- La Rioja, Spain, Europe for a taste of splendid medieval homes or designer hotels embedded in a notable wine region.
- Loire Valley, France , Europe or Tuscany, Italy, Europe for more wine regions steeped with history and tradition that offer panoramic landscapes, delectable food, and picturesque architecture. My favorite metropolitan city happens to be Florence, the Tuscan capital, for its vibrancy, art, architecture, music, food and wine.
- Mar del Plata, Argentina, South America offers a stylish resort town with lovely beaches coupled with lively nightlife.
- Rajasthan, India, Asia offers palaces owned by Mughal monarchs, forts, tiger sanctuaries, game parks and the renowned Taj Mahal.
- Venice, Italy, Europe for its charming hidden passages, countless waterways, gondolas, architecture, dazzling churches, lively markets, and splendid art. It is also home to Harry’s Bar, the birthplace of the exquisite Bellini, a cocktail of prosecco and peach juice.
- Koh Samui, Thailand, Asia provides a warm island getaway filled with warm hospitality from the “land of smiles”, colorful temples, and long stretches of white beaches covered with palm trees.
- Kerala, India, Asia, also known as “God’s Own Country”, is monsoon-free, and its backwaters can be explored by kettuvallams, which are converted wooden rice boats, for a peek at daily life.
- Munich, Germany, Europe to experience the famed Christkindlmarkt (Christmas Market), a 5-week ethnic festival and market rolled into one typically snowy holiday season, beergartens and hofbrauhaus.
Note: Special thanks to Eyewitness Travel’s photo-filled book, Travel Where to Go When for my daydreaming fodder. Some of these destinations may not currently be available as trips through Zicasso due to its stringent criteria for selection of premium, qualified travel companies.